PDA

View Full Version : A few fixes / changes to the controls and I may buy

evilC
12-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Liked the demo, reminded me of an old PC game "Slipstream 5000".

1) Add an option to controls: "Pilot mode" - when in knife-edge, the controls are rotated as they would be in a flight sim - ie if you pull back you turn, not left/right to turn.
The normal mode is OK for joypad, but on a stick with throttle it just feels wrong.

2) Add invert option for speed axis.
My Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner is the other way around, so the throttle is currently reversed in this game.

Also, I would like a first person view option, but I would probably still buy without that.

If you make these changes, feel free to reply or PM me to let me know ;)

mangaroo
12-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I also was thinking about 1) after playing the demo (LOADS! - same level over and over and over while still having lots of fun).

I just think it doesn't bring any real advantages currently - even though it would feel a lot nicer. I get the feeling the game navigates you through turns sometimes and the exact angle doesn't seem to affect the planes course which I noticed when the plane is tilting/snapping to a knife-edge position: only when it reaches the point does it help.*

Obviously BF3 controls would be ideal :D but I think if I end up buying this (hopefully christmas sale) then I will have to end up learning to control better with the left thumbstick on my x360 pad.

*might be total rubbish, hopefully some more experienced players can chime in on this.

inspiral66
12-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Another vote here for a first-person view option.

rmartinezdl
12-12-2011, 06:36 AM
But buy it, and they will give support! :D

T@F
12-12-2011, 06:53 AM
But buy it, and they will give support! :D

Not always the case that though.
Buy it and they never give any updates because they have made there quota.

Not saying this company will do that.
Just many company's don't give a monkeys once they made there cash.

Dramonicous
12-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Just watched the trailer and Slipstream 5000 was the first thing that came to my mind =)

Giruvin
12-14-2011, 02:53 AM
This is a good game as is. Buy it!

Sure it may have a few things your not 100% happy this, but so does everything else these days.

I do agree with having a First Person view and the inverted axis option (even though the axis is correct for me), otherwise it's a great game.

People need to buy this and promote it so it can be refined and developed even further. It is awesome as is but could potentially spawn a new genre in racing games that has only been touched on in the past.

dieandpuke
12-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Liked the demo, reminded me of an old PC game "Slipstream 5000".

1) Add an option to controls: "Pilot mode" - when in knife-edge, the controls are rotated as they would be in a flight sim - ie if you pull back you turn, not left/right to turn.
The normal mode is OK for joypad, but on a stick with throttle it just feels wrong.

2) Add invert option for speed axis.
My Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner is the other way around, so the throttle is currently reversed in this game.

Also, I would like a first person view option, but I would probably still buy without that.

If you make these changes, feel free to reply or PM me to let me know ;)

I also have six guys that play games every tue and thurs. We play everything from flatout to rainbow six vegas and everything in between. I have 2 saitek x-45's and a logitech g940 flight system. Don't expect the g940 support but it would be nice for the x-45 and/or logitech extreme 3d. I have the game and it is BEYOND frustrating to have the throttle reversed. I think alot more people would play this game if you could use a joystick with proper control setup. I am a 47 yr old gamer and I don't use a controller for anything. Thank you!

Malcontentmofo
12-17-2011, 01:54 PM
and here i thought this would concern barrel rolls.

inspiral66
12-17-2011, 04:04 PM
and here i thought this would concern barrel rolls.

What d'you mean?