PDA

View Full Version : FUBAR game, death from expiring buff

Viggo
12-14-2011, 01:05 PM
I deliberately play without permadeath in this game as I would quickly tire from it (I like experimenting.)

I got low on health but hadn't reached 0. I save, and right after, a buff wears off and I die. Each time I load, I'm presented with the 'Congratulations! You have died' message.

Anyone else tried the same, any solutions perhaps?

Haldur
12-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Are you talking about that Fleshsmithing buff "Meatshield"? That was a common complaint about it back in 1.06 (I haven't tried it recently). It's one of those skills that most people don't bother with for that very reason. I'll have to take a look at it again to see if anything has changed for 1.08 (from what you say, at least that particular skill hasn't changed).

Viggo
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
TBH I have no idea. I haven't picked any health extending buffs, so I probably got it from a random potion. I certainly understand why it was complained about. Hate having to dump the game over something so frustrating.

Pheonix Wright
12-14-2011, 06:55 PM
use a health potion...

Planeforger
12-14-2011, 08:04 PM
use a health potion...

I get the impression that the buff wears off the moment he loads the game, causing his character to instantly die no matter what he does.

I guess it's just a small oversight on the part of the developer, given that the game was never initially designed to support savegames.

Mow123
12-14-2011, 08:46 PM
I had something not quite as bad I had like 4 hp with vampire and no pots or heal spell with all these strong monsters around me. did you try loading the auto-save?

Viggo
12-21-2011, 06:28 AM
use a health potion...
I can't. Like Planeforger said, I am met by an instant death as soon as I load my save.

did you try loading the auto-save?
Thank god, now I can play again. I hadn't seen there was an auto-save o:

Thanks!