PDA

View Full Version : What about retail ownsers?

SethPDA
12-15-2011, 11:40 PM
I haven't buyed the game on impulse or anywhere else,I buyed the retail box from a store in hungary,a few months ago.
I was wondering if retail owners will get their keys approved on steam sometime.
Will this happen?

Hellstrong
12-16-2011, 12:27 AM
no, its not a steamworks game. only Steam purchased versions of this game can be registered on Steam.

SethPDA
12-16-2011, 01:32 AM
That's too bad :(
Anyway thanks for your help :(

kurt_81
12-16-2011, 06:19 AM
no, its not a steamworks game. only Steam purchased versions of this game can be registered on Steam.

is that the same thing if i bought it from impulse ??

by the ways does impulse stop existing ?? cuz i see a lot of game on steam that i bought there

answer is no got my answer on another page sorry ;)

Luckz
12-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Impulse stil exists, it just is called Gamestop PC Downloads now.

zerrok
12-16-2011, 07:47 AM

Not true. I used a really old unreal tournament 3 CD key and got Unreal tournament 3 black edition for steam and you can't tell me that's a steam works game cause it ain't.

Same for the indie humble bundle and many other games that give you a steam CD key even though they aren't steam works, or steam purchases.

zerrok
12-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Impulse stil exists, it just is called Gamestop PC Downloads now.

Oooh..that's why I stopped getting emails from Impulse and got damned gamestop PC emails spammed to me...was wondering why an american company was advertising to me.

Bhavv
12-16-2011, 06:58 PM
I had already bought this game on Impulse for 3, I just went and bought it again on Steam, hopefully it will be a lot more active on Steam because its one of my favorite casual PVP games.

Luckz
12-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Oooh..that's why I stopped getting emails from Impulse and got damned gamestop PC emails spammed to me...was wondering why an american company was advertising to me.

Stardock are also an American company :)

Hellstrong
12-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Not true. I used a really old unreal tournament 3 CD key and got Unreal tournament 3 black edition for steam and you can't tell me that's a steam works game cause it ain't.

Same for the indie humble bundle and many other games that give you a steam CD key even though they aren't steam works, or steam purchases.

your in the wrong forum this is Demigod forum

CptKiffMan
12-19-2011, 08:09 AM

Whats a steamworks game? ^^
X3:TC was also not "steamworks" and i could register my old retail version
So far i was able 2 register ANY retail game steam is offering.

Hellstrong
12-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Whats a steamworks game? ^^
X3:TC was also not "steamworks" and i could register my old retail version
So far i was able 2 register ANY retail game steam is offering.Im sorry but did i mention ANY other games in my awnser?
its accurate and applies to Demigod.
For further info please refer to https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

CptKiffMan
12-19-2011, 09:57 AM
exactly .. why is demigod not on the list? Because u shall buy another ♥♥♥♥in copy of this silly game Or use Impulse instead .. i wont do anything of this .. i have the original .. i could play it over impulse, but i dont like it anyway
btw. i cant see unreal tournament 3 zerrok posted .. maybe the list isnt full? ^^
and i think u r ♥♥♥♥ing ignorant and intolerant Hellstrong .. the only hellstrong i found on steam has 2 counterstrike games and NO demigod .. so who pays u 4 your stupid answers? ^^

Hellstrong
12-19-2011, 11:14 AM
@CptKiffMan sorry for awnsering i guess? and no i havent used this nickname in over a year now.

@SethPDA if it helps at all you could add the game as a Steam shortcut to your library,
"Add a game" > "Add a non-Steam game" Steam overlay and the Screenshot function should work ingame then.
Hope thats usefull to you in a way :-)

CptKiffMan
12-19-2011, 11:33 AM
i am here because i wanted to activate my retail key just like seth. Steamworks seem to be a c++ code that has to be applied to the game by the developer... since GAS Powered Games dont do much after release i dont think there will be a "steamworks" version.