PDA

View Full Version : Being a PC gamer feels lonely sometimes.

Zodiark1593
12-16-2011, 02:11 PM
How would I go about converting a die-hard console gamer over to the PC? As of now, I have zero RL friends that game on a PC at all, they're all on the PS3. Since most game developers segregate the platforms, I can't play with/against any of my friends at all. They won't even go out and buy a $70 GPU to even play TF2! :mad:

Omphofo-Bravo
12-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Maybe it's time for you to buy a PS3 then? :)

^4:^1noob
12-16-2011, 02:15 PM

BEGONE DEMON!

TimppaPro
12-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Tell them our Team Fortress 2 has hats, their does not. :D

bluz74
12-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Tell them chicks dig PC gamers. At least, that's what my mom's been telling me.

Zodiark1593
12-16-2011, 02:20 PM

Apart from the random shooter, there isn't very many compelling games that isn't on the PC I'm interested in that would justify the $300, also, my money is tied on parts for a new desktop that should come in relatively soon.

And I can't play shooters with a joystick to save my own life. It feels like I'm playing with a ball and chain whenever I pick up a sniper rifle in any console shooter. :(

Warseth
12-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Heh?!

At least your real life friends even play games at all.

I made game friends into RL friends from PC gaming. Specifically MMO games.

So local RL friends I go drinking with or what ever you do outside the nerd cave. =)

Omphofo-Bravo
12-16-2011, 02:23 PM
BEGONE DEMON!Unless you can perform online excorcisms, I'm staying right here. lol!

Apart from the random shooter, there isn't very many compelling games that isn't on the PC I'm interested in that would justify the $300, also, my money is tied on parts for a new desktop that should come in relatively soon.

And I can't play shooters with a joystick to save my own life. It feels like I'm playing with a ball and chain whenever I pick up a sniper rifle in any console shooter. :(Too bad, I guess. How much would your friends have to change in order to play with you on their PCs? I doubt if they would agree to play with you, it won't stop with TF2, they might want to play BF3 or some other demanding game. Do they even have good enough computers as it is?

12-16-2011, 02:24 PM
How would I go about converting a die-hard console gamer over to the PC? As of now, I have zero RL friends that game on a PC at all, they're all on the PS3. Since most game developers segregate the platforms, I can't play with/against any of my friends at all. They won't even go out and buy a $70 GPU to even play TF2! :mad:

Maybe they don't want to play babbys first FPS

Zodiark1593
12-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Maybe they don't want to play babbys first FPS

Impossible, they play CoD almost exclusively during their play sessions. :p

12-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Impossible, they play CoD almost exclusively during their play sessions. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA

Bearkin
12-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Tell them chicks dig PC gamers. At least, that's what my mom's been telling me.

I know the intent of your post but ambiguity makes it seem like you're also saying your mom digs you.

Sgt.Gotee
12-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Easiest solution is to get new friends. They're cheaper than a PS3.

:D

gotthisfortf2
12-16-2011, 03:54 PM
I know few people in real life that play PC.Most of them play Xbox 360.But I don't mind really, since I have my own Xbox.

Infinite XĂr0
12-16-2011, 04:01 PM
lonely?? pff, invite your friends over to your place and introduce them to games that you play on your PC that they don't play on their console rigs.. take turns playing or some ♥♥♥♥.. this way you've got IRL fun going and videogame fun going ;)

bluz74
12-16-2011, 04:03 PM
I know the intent of your post but ambiguity makes it seem like you're also saying your mom digs you.

She does. She says I'm the most handsomest!

nevann
12-16-2011, 04:04 PM
I had a similar problem, but with the Xbox.

Solution: http://xim3.com/

cegrogan
12-16-2011, 04:07 PM
League of legends is a great game low end machines can handle, and its free. Try to lure them there

skiddlywibble
12-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Just play a cross-platform game silly!

Zodiark1593
12-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Just play a cross-platform game silly!
Cross platform shooters?

Bucky
12-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Counter strike: GO (Global Offensive) is going to be a cross platform game, going to be awsome! ^^

Briayonski
12-16-2011, 04:42 PM
League of legends is a great game low end machines can handle, and its free. Try to lure them there

Great game? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bdmason
12-16-2011, 04:47 PM
OP is lucky. At least he has friends. :(

UniqueName02
12-16-2011, 05:51 PM
You people forget the benefits of consoles, such as being able to go to a friends house and play FIFA against eachother. There is also Call of Duty split screen multiplayer which is a great feature.

You can't do this on computers.

Don't pressurise your friends into buying a good pc as it might be cheaper for them to stick with consoles if they already have a computer for the internet and school work. Would you be fine if your friends tried to convert you over to console gaming?

sammer_011
12-16-2011, 06:02 PM
show them an online game with a 64 man server!

skiddlywibble
12-16-2011, 06:04 PM
You people forget the benefits of consoles, such as being able to go to a friends house and play FIFA against eachother. There is also Call of Duty split screen multiplayer which is a great feature.

Actually, some games do support split screen multiplayer on PC, and a few also support multiple controlers (like Jamestown).

UTROMSHREDDER
12-17-2011, 07:03 AM
i dont have such problems as most of my friends are not gamers at all. only 1 of my friends is gamer and he is mostly pc gamer like me. he uses consoles only for games that are not avaliable on pc just like me. the problem that i have is this: how can i convice my friends to became gamers? they dont have any interest in gaming. how can i do it? few weeks ago i was with my girlfriend in my house so i decided to show her a few games in my pc to make her understand what gaming is. First i showed her SSF4 AE She said that it is too violent and scary and she didnt like it:eek:! Then i showed her Assasin creed revelations. She said that the game is intresting because the game has some Greek elemts (i am Greek you know). However she said again that she will never play a video game. That my problem! that i dont know how encourage my friends to became gamers too! any suggestion? this is very serious! also when she saw the 360 controller conected to my pc she asked me what is this?! SHE DIDNT KNOW WHAT A CONTROLLER IS!!:eek::eek:

rasitha_raw
12-17-2011, 07:37 AM
show her games like PVZ.
thats how you convert chicks.

ddrkreature
12-17-2011, 09:10 AM
It's alright dude, I have a PS3 account with 0 friends and no one I know games on a PC. as for your friends though, get them PS3 version of portal 2 and tell them they have a free copy for their pc and to try it out. if not, you can always play with them via PC+PS3 cross play :)

Naruzuru
12-17-2011, 09:19 AM

Pft, I can bring my laptop to my friend's house and we can lan 5-6 people. You can't do that with a console either. :p

OP: best chance you got is just to join some community thing where you can find new friends to game with. It could be anything, a steam group, an irc channel, a forum.

Acetyl
12-17-2011, 10:32 AM
If you can't handle lonely, then don't be lonely.

soviet_sharkey
12-17-2011, 10:49 AM
I have 3 real life friends who play PC
its too few but I don't want convert others as they are hardcore COD fans who pre order every year
and one who claims BF3 is best on PS3