PDA

View Full Version : Blacked out tree textures and fast-travel crashes-

serpent2012
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Greetings folks,

Firstly, I havent spent alot of time on this forum so I don't know my way around very well. Apologies if I'm not posting bug-related stuff in a particular designated spot.

I tried using the search page a few times with different keywords and didn't really come up with much so here's what I got happnin.

Every other maybe 10 or so loads it seems on average (from anywhere, fast travel or coming out of a dungeon, building, keep, city, etc.) I'm getting issues with the tree textures being blacked out.
See here:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m316/Serpentsminion/Skyrim/Screenshot423474.jpg

Also, for like the last week or more, the games been crashing every few (maybe every 6 to 10?) fast travels. Just *BLAM*. Gone to desktop. Starting to REALLY get annoying.

Anyone else having these same issues? Or know if they're fixable. If there's some thread or info on these problems anyone knows of- please point the way.

I am running some mods if anyone knows about problems certain ones can cause- here's what I have in:

-Vurt's flora overhaul
-Post Process FXAA injector
-4 Gig Skyrim
- Enhanced Night Sky (galaxy)
-DragonScale/Ebony Armors w/capes
-Lost art of the Blacksmith
-Val's Crafting Mod
-QD Inventory
*All obtained and installed via Nexus ModManager from Skyrim Nexus

Does Skyrim just not like Mods? And that's what's causing the instability? I've tried disabling the flora overhaul mod thinking that may have been the problem, but still gettin it.
So far I have NOT tried reinstalling the game fresh without mods. Am I going to have to do this?

Quick System specs too in case anyone knows certain things about video cards or whatever
Win7/Dual nVidia GTX 460 sli cards(latest driver)/4Gb Ram/

squall_leonhart
12-18-2011, 11:22 PM
how much virtual memory is TESV.exe (or the equivalent 4gb launcher process) using in process explorer.

Tinusleet
12-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I'd say any of your mods can cause the problem. Skyrim is still too young to be rid of all its childhood illnesses, and as far as i know, mods are usually bugged as well at the start. I'd try disabling one or every mod you're using. Preferrably your should take the time to disable one and one too see if it fixes anything. I never use mods untill i'm done questing in TES, so i have no idea as to how mods act in skyrim yet:P Some caused a few issues in oblivion, i recall. But i just went through the process of elimination untill i found the broken mod.

Hope this helps^^ I'd bet the flora overhaul mod may be the sinner, btw:P

serpent2012
12-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Looks like the 4gb mod may not be workin right. I have a total system usage showing in the task manager of 2.9 out of 4 gigs available with TESV.EXE showing between 950,000 - 990,000K.

squall_leonhart
12-19-2011, 02:12 AM
Looks like the 4gb mod may not be workin right. I have a total system usage showing in the task manager of 2.9 out of 4 gigs available with TESV.EXE showing between 950,000 - 990,000K.

I asked for the virtual size, not the working set.

add the virtual memory column in the column configuration dialogue.

http://image.svijethardvera.com/images/virtualmem.jpg

serpent2012
12-19-2011, 03:08 AM
Virtual size says 1,850,960k

squall_leonhart
12-19-2011, 03:26 AM
the game will begin to stop rendering textures and then crash between 1850 and 1900 virtual if the 4GB loader isn't working.

serpent2012
12-19-2011, 03:43 AM
/sigh

Gettin tired of this crashin ♥♥♥♥.

Also the save lag I'm gettin whenever I walk out of a door or on the menu autosave is crappy too. I can hear the drive stutter when it's overwriting the saves and it lags the framerate to complete crap for a second or two. Is there a way to edit anywhere in the inits to make it save to a directory on a different drive? Or would that even make a difference...

Gonna head to sleep, I'll comb through the inits tomorrow to see if i can find a line that specifies the save location.

Thanx for the input on the memory thing.

Hello World
12-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Have you tried a fresh install, using default setting? Does it crash then also? (I had no issue's so far since patch 1.3. running on Ultra, no further tweaks or mods, playing 100+ hours)

serpent2012
12-19-2011, 09:18 AM
No, that's what I'm going to try next.