PDA

View Full Version : Missing Gift

Praetorx
12-19-2011, 01:33 PM
So after my steam inventory started working I found only 1 gift in my inventory when I should have 2 because I completed the orcs must die achievement. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else

PortaI
12-19-2011, 01:34 PM
So after my steam inventory started working I found only 1 gift in my inventory when I should have 2 because I completed the orcs must die achievement. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else

Well I'm in the same boat as you. just I didn't get my steam achievement prize. are you sure you didn't get the orcs one and then didn't get the steam?

Eyes only
12-19-2011, 01:34 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2302933

Praetorx
12-19-2011, 01:37 PM
PortaI: I'm not sure, does it say somewhere which one it is?

Eyes: That isn't the problem I'm having, I have a displayed inventory and I have 1 gift in it but I should have 2

Eyes only
12-19-2011, 01:38 PM
ok, but hopefully once resolved it will show up :)

Volderghast
12-19-2011, 01:39 PM
I have 1 item listed in the tab [Steam (1)] and displayed on the inventory (it's a 50% off coupon) so apparently I only got 1.

Edit: For some reason I also have a Portal 2 tab even though I don't own it.

Praetorx
12-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Volder did you complete any of the gift achievement things?

amohell
12-19-2011, 01:43 PM
I got the exact some problem mate, I completed "Check your inventory - you've got a gift!" first and that gift showed perfectly.

Yet after completing the Orcs must Die one it says I completed 2 objectives and yet I still only have one gift, the one of checking your inventory.

I guess having some patience is the best thing to do seeing the fact that there servers are completely being hammered atm and maybe the inventory system still isn't running at 100%(receiving not working)

The Hollies
12-19-2011, 01:43 PM
I have 4 objectives completed and only 2 gifts.

Praetorx
12-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Ya today should hopefully be the only day with major problems. Good thing there's nothing in today's deals that I want

NBlastMax
12-19-2011, 01:45 PM
I guessing, those missing gifts are coal.

amohell
12-19-2011, 01:48 PM
I guessing, those missing gifts are coal.

the coal will prolly also be shown under the steam inventory tab and the coal isn't showing either, so no I guess not

Undying Zombie
12-19-2011, 01:50 PM
I am supposed to have a gift, and my steam inventory finally loaded.. but nothing besides the items I already had before.. ><

Praetorx
12-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Everything seems to be up and running properly but I still only have 1 gift :/

freakn1ck
12-19-2011, 05:16 PM
at least you have a steam inventory :)

mine is MIA

slaystench
12-19-2011, 05:17 PM
I haven't been able to even view my steam inventory since this sale began.

Fakez
12-19-2011, 05:19 PM
I've completed EDGE achievement and got nothing =[

TheGrimHeaper
12-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Yup, I'm supposed to have 3 and I only have 2.

JetsamXYZ
12-19-2011, 05:23 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2302933

Stop linking that, it's not the same problem.

orijinal
12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
at least you have a steam inventory :)

mine is MIA

Mine is gone too. I had a Dead Space 2 gift from a month ago in there. Now I can't even access it :(

jaycob
12-19-2011, 05:58 PM
I am supposed to have a gift, and my steam inventory finally loaded.. but nothing besides the items I already had before.. ><

Have you tried to reboot steam? sometimes when gifting items the pop-up notice isn't always going to pop up and tell you someone gifted you a game till you reboot steam, I had that problem a few times while my friend was in skype call with me and he was waiting for me to say thank you so then he ended the call and never talked to me again thinking i was ungreatful.....

JKJK he didn't really stop speaking to me but i had to explain i hadn't seen a pop-up for the gift he gave me and how i had to reboot steam followed by my thanks :3

kellzap
12-19-2011, 07:24 PM
i have the same exact problem as Praetorx, completed the orcs must die achev but only found one gift.

amohell
12-20-2011, 08:21 AM
bumping up the post since I still lack the gift for orcs must die

should I contact steam support upon this issue or just wait it out?

KaySakura
12-20-2011, 08:22 AM

Most every one lacks this gift and all gifts aside from the free one. There a million other threads that say it just like you.

Uhr
12-20-2011, 08:29 AM

What he/she said...

?! :confused:

qazqazqaz
12-20-2011, 08:31 AM
I still lack one gift too even after I "fixed" my inventory through TF2. Did Orcs achievement and a free one, but have only 2 gifts.

wing40
12-20-2011, 08:35 AM
I think the problem is that coal is not showing up in people's inventory.

Here's what happened to me:
Yesterday, I got the achievement for opening my Steam inventory (got a Valve coupon and nothing else).

A little later yesterday, I did the achievement for Orcs Must Die and got nothing.

Today, I did the achievement for Anomaly: Warzone Earth and checked my Steam inventory and had 3 coal (presumably one from the "extra" gift from the Steam inventory achievement, one from the Orcs Must Die achievement, and one from the Anomaly achievement).

I'd say wait it out, it should show up soon.

SolidSnakeUS
12-20-2011, 08:43 AM
I think the problem is that coal is not showing up in people's inventory.

Here's what happened to me:
Yesterday, I got the achievement for opening my Steam inventory (got a Valve coupon and nothing else).

A little later yesterday, I did the achievement for Orcs Must Die and got nothing.

Today, I did the achievement for Anomaly: Warzone Earth and checked my Steam inventory and had 3 coal (presumably one from the "extra" gift from the Steam inventory achievement, one from the Orcs Must Die achievement, and one from the Anomaly achievement).

I'd say wait it out, it should show up soon.

I did the same ones (free, Orcs and Anomaly) and I only have a 33% off coupon in my inventory. It's the same as last night as it is this morning where it only shows that coupon and the other games I've had in my inventory for a long time, nothing else new.

Freelancer412
12-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Same here. I did the Free achievement and the Anomaly's achievement and all I have is one 50% Valve coupon, nothing else. I did both yesterday (CET) and this coupon appeared only today. The other gift, whatever it is, is nowhere. :(

wing40
12-20-2011, 08:57 AM
I did the same ones (free, Orcs and Anomaly) and I only have a 33% off coupon in my inventory. It's the same as last night as it is this morning where it only shows that coupon and the other games I've had in my inventory for a long time, nothing else new.
Yeah, I'm guessing they are in the process of fixing the coal, so some people have it and some don't. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. :)

mongis
12-20-2011, 09:04 AM
I did the basic steam one and the OMD!, but haven't received for any of them. The Pending Gift tab (which is where I suppose they would be) says "0". Did both yesterday. It displays the two correct icons under my pogress on the gift pile screen, though. Guess we'll just wait and see.

SolidSnakeUS
12-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Finally, the 3 pieces of coal showed up.