PDA

View Full Version : [Video] First Impressions Dungeons of Dredmor

Neikkio
12-20-2011, 09:16 PM
On my first impressions series I covered Dungeons of Dredmor!

So if you are looking to hear/see more of the game and don't want to spend the cash right away.

http://distractiongaming.com/taking-a-peek-dungeons-of-dredmor/

If you liked this video please do come back and post it helps spread the word, about the game and my show (I'm just being honest).

Neikkio
01-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Bumpin for those that want to know more about the game :)

brataccas
01-03-2012, 12:40 PM
thx, will have a watch in an hours time (favourited video)

Haldur
01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Watched your video -- here are some hints to help you next time you play:
1. You can equip weapons even if you don't have the corresponding skill -- unless you've put points into a particular weapon skill, you should simply wield your best weapon. In your first play through, you died because you didn't wield any of the weapons you found. You actually had two weapons and dual-wield, but you didn't wield either weapon, hence you died.
1b. Unless you have the unarmed skill, you should ALWAYS wield a weapon in at least one hand (both hands only if you have dual-wield). If you take unarmed, you should always have a shield and/or tome in each hand.
2. Similarly, in the second play-through, you found a decent crossbow but you didn't pick it up -- you don't need the crossbow skill to use one, and crossbows are pretty essential for any non-mage builds (and even for some mage builds).
3. Tomes are used like shields -- there's no particular skill for them. The only difference between tomes and shields are their appearance and that stats from tomes tend to be better for mage builds, whereas stats from shields are USUALLY better for non-mages.

MSPreacher
01-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Watched your video -- here are some hints to help you next time you play:
1. You can equip weapons even if you don't have the corresponding skill -- unless you've put points into a particular weapon skill, you should simply wield your best weapon. In your first play through, you died because you didn't wield any of the weapons you found. You actually had two weapons and dual-wield, but you didn't wield either weapon, hence you died.
1b. Unless you have the unarmed skill, you should ALWAYS wield a weapon in at least one hand (both hands only if you have dual-wield). If you take unarmed, you should always have a shield and/or tome in each hand.
2. Similarly, in the second play-through, you found a decent crossbow but you didn't pick it up -- you don't need the crossbow skill to use one, and crossbows are pretty essential for any non-mage builds (and even for some mage builds).
3. Tomes are used like shields -- there's no particular skill for them. The only difference between tomes and shields are their appearance and that stats from tomes tend to be better for mage builds, whereas stats from shields are USUALLY better for non-mages.

Some good advice here. +rep for taking the time to help someone out.

Neikkio
01-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Watched your video -- here are some hints to help you next time you play.

Wow thanks for all the advice not just for myself but for anyone that reads this! +rep to you!

Haldur
01-03-2012, 07:29 PM
NP guys 8-). Thanks for the rep! As you pointed out, rogue-like games take a lot of practice to play well, and there's never any shame in dying in one (especially if you've learned something from that death). Also, I realize that it's really hard to play a game well while you are describing aloud what you are doing. Anyway, good job on the video.