PDA

View Full Version : Sound from rear right speaker being directed to the rear left speaker

Fish-E
12-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Ok so I was about to watch "The Incredibles" blu-ray on my PC for the first time and was running the "maximise your home system" setup thing when I noticed that the sound for the rear right speaker was coming out of the rear left speaker (I unplugged the rear right speaker and the sound carried on, I unplugged the rear left speaker and it stopped).

I then tried doing the test with Windows' sound menu (this thing (http://i.imgur.com/Ksg2u.jpg)) and I experienced the same result, the rear right sound still came out of the rear left speaker.

I've got no idea why sound is being directed to the other rear speaker. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this? The speakers in question are "Logitech X-540" (they're only 3 months old!). The soundcard is integrated onto my motherboard (Asus P5Q Pro Turbo iirc), is there any other relevant or necessary information I can provide?

Also I figured that this is the most appropriate place to post on the steam forums! If it's in the wrong section (Speakers are more peripheral than hardware) then I apologise!

Edit: After posting this I had the idea to try and swap the connections, so the rear left speaker connects to the rear right "port" (and vice versa) on the subwoofer, now all the sound was playing out of the rear right speaker so I don't think the "ports" on the subwoofer are broken!

kmrking
12-21-2011, 08:07 AM
have you conectied all the cables right. i know its a "plug it in" solution but you might have done it wrong. if not, intentionally plug them in the wrong way and see what happens

Fish-E
12-21-2011, 08:37 AM
have you conectied all the cables right. i know its a "plug it in" solution but you might have done it wrong. if not, intentionally plug them in the wrong way and see what happens

Surprisingly enough unplugging all the cables and then plugging them back in worked. I've no idea why the problem occurred in the first place nor do I know why this fixed it!

So many wires!

Thank you!

TheMG
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Surprisingly enough unplugging all the cables and then plugging them back in worked. I've no idea why the problem occurred in the first place nor do I know why this fixed it!

The plug for the rear (surround) signals was not fully inserted.