PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Is it worth $2? Numen: Contest of Heroes

Question_mark
12-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Judge for yourself. We played it, and can only recommend it if you really like slow, shambly combat and poor MMO style design in a single player experience. Then again, there is a demo...so maybe try that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbegLtogSCY

xizar
03-23-2012, 04:43 PM
(Yeah, this is a necro, sorry).

The answer is "no".

ericL
04-21-2012, 07:57 PM
(Yeah, this is a necro, sorry).

The answer is "no".

the question is "why" ....

halororor
04-24-2012, 10:16 AM
the question is "why" ....

BECAUZE DA DEVELOPERS BETRAYAD US!

/serious

I played through the first level after buying it, then uninstalled it. It plays like a ♥♥♥♥ty MMO.

dmanthey
04-24-2012, 10:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCeWeQELoWs&feature=related that's a better video.

And the game is worth $2. I got a few hours of enjoyment out of it. Not that much replay value though and the game is short.

QuasarBallz
04-24-2012, 11:07 AM
this game is great, i totally loved it when played it 2 years ago; you have 9 gods with different skills, tournaments, arena, other heroes in the world, you can offer gifts to the gods or do rituals to get epics and so on. The loot also is huge

The begining is pretty poor, but after you get to choose your god, its awesome. The quests are good too, you have to listen to the givers, you dont get easy clues, you have many skills and abilities, plus you grow fast in level (i finished it at level 80 something)

And it has greek mithology and its a low budget. But at this price its totally worth it, ofcourse if you like titan quest like games.

Kiya
04-24-2012, 11:19 AM
The beginning part is you as a child and is basically a tutorial for the game that goes on for far too long. Once you become an adult the game becomes much more enjoyable. I bought it on sale last year and enjoyed it enough to play it for 41 hours, it's certainly not the worst RPG I've spent money on.

dave_
04-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Ok, I'm sold. Demo was fun.

AsheMan
04-24-2012, 12:25 PM
I bought it new (yeah laugh at me for $30 poorly spent). It's not a very good game, but for $2 it might be worth it if you're bored.

Radman2011
04-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Are the spiders in it throughout the game?, I'm a (genuine) arachnophobe...

kovi_cz
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
GoldenSunGod: Actually, you are wrong here. Numen wasn't made in a haste and it definitely wasn't made to squeeze money out of anyone. Maybe if you had played more than just the child island, you would find something in it that would interest you. But we are naturally sorry to hear that you don't like our game.

Radman2011: You will meet spiders in several locations - I can think of four right now. I would say that Numen isn't the best choice for an arachnophobe...