PDA

View Full Version : Gift of Efficacy Help and advice.

YukoValis
12-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Ok first of all no unit has this spell, it's in fact a spell card (something you don't really start out with, but you have to get) Spell cards can be gained after each round, exchanging the blue crystals in the top left corner for spell cards.

Start a skirmish. I went with the first map because it was a bit simple. You don't want to be waiting for a dozen enemy units to finish up their turn now do you? Click a empty plot of land and pick a Hero. I choose Sype, I don't know if that helped me get it so quickly, but that is my advice to choose him. Then lay down a few other units. It doesn't really matter what, but I suggest pick defensive types.

Ok so don't move up the field.. just keep ending your turn and picking new cards. Do Notice in the random card selector the button that says "Draw # magic cards" on the bottom, that's the one you want to pick. With any luck you will get Gift of Efficacy card, cast it, and yay you are done.

I hope you found this helpful.

Dreadjaws
12-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the help! It was driving me crazy, looking for the unit that had the spell and finding nothing. In skirmish, I got it on the first try.

urbanriot
12-21-2011, 04:44 PM
It took me about 6 skirmishes to obtain that card and I got it. Thanks!

ElfShotTheFood
12-21-2011, 04:56 PM
This worked for me too. I was dealt the card at the start of the second round.

YukoValis
12-22-2011, 02:06 AM
It took me about 6 skirmishes to obtain that card and I got it. Thanks!

Wow unlucky, but good work. I got it in 1 round, as did a lot of other people. Congrats still. :)

GlaDOSowen
12-22-2011, 11:43 AM
I finally got it, after about 10-15 try's, this morning. This game looks pretty cool, I might actually earn how to play when this winter sale dies down.

Friendliest
12-23-2011, 06:06 PM
I choose Sype, I don't know if that helped me get it so quickly, but that is my advice to choose him.

got it 1st turn as well. ty for the tip(?).

Artki
12-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Funny. I got it the 2nd turn, cast it on a unit. Then I kept clicking END TURN until the scenario ended. But nothing has changed - STEAM still thinks I didn't do it.

Am I missing something?

Fred DM
12-28-2011, 02:39 AM
http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_Objectives

i did what it says there and it worked without problems. :)

Artki
12-28-2011, 11:53 AM
http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_Objectives

i did what it says there and it worked without problems. :)

Huh. I started the game and got the "achievement unlocked" before I even saw the menu screen. Something must have been stuck.

ToXiN ZeRo
01-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks, helped me out. Though I think I was particularly unlucky, took me about 8 or 9 skirmishes to get it.

While my opponent got 2 in the first skirmish. Its as if the game was trolling me..

Stormwern
06-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Or you just play the game normally? :)