PDA

View Full Version : You Monster, is it good?

pholly
12-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Before I buy the DLC is it worth buying? Is it just Portal themed levels or does it have a real Portal feel with Glados taunting you similar to the game? I don't know any other way to put my question, I hope it's not too confusing :)

T@F
12-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Worth the asking price no matter what.
it has the portal voice as well.

There Was a funny part for me when i sold a tower and she said that tower was going to win you the lvl.
Something like that anyway.
but i'v only been playing it for a 30 mins tbh.
Will play a lot more later.

pholly
12-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Worth the asking price no matter what.
it has the portal voice as well.

There Was a funny part for me when i sold a tower and she said that tower was going to win you the lvl.
Something like that anyway.
but i'v only been playing it for a 30 mins tbh.
Will play a lot more later.

Thank you.

Dryk
12-22-2011, 04:24 AM
In the last level see threatened to divert a truck that was about to deliver blankets to the orphanage...

HintonBE
12-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Definitely worth it. The humor of GLaDOS is in full effect and the maps certainly make you think sometimes.

Pffzzhh!
12-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Yeah, its good!

SPOILER DOWN!

Not only the Voice of GlaDos, its her personality! In some Missions, she sell your towers or force you to build only one type, and so on.

I think its great, because of her it makes Defense Grid a little bit more interesting, because you do not only build towers and fight against aliens, in a different way you fight against her. But you are passive all the time like in Portal.

ElfShotTheFood
12-23-2011, 09:42 AM
It's good, but tough. Well, at least it's tough for me. :p

Fastitocalon
12-24-2011, 05:59 AM
Oh it is tough all right. I went from all gold to just beat it mentality pretty quickly lol.

Krvavy_Patejl
01-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I finished that campaign right now. All these damned Portal advertisement really irritates me, but this campaign was surprisingly good, better than Resurgence; even with few nice ideas in gameplay.

Only thing I hate about this is last map; yeah, the last level from You Monster is one of the easiest maps in whole game, and that's really dissappointing for me.

501~Vandal
02-05-2012, 04:37 AM
I loved it. (Completed Beating a Dead Potato)
I agree with Krvavy that the last map was a bit of a disappointment. However, with all the things that GlaDOS does, it really shakes up the gameplay. I don't think I ever hit the replay button so much as I did in Command Decision. XP

GentleGamer
02-06-2012, 01:43 AM
just chipped in, i got it, and its a real challenge for gold, i think i managed to get gold on 2 levels so far...

some unexpected twists in the levels as well, easily worth the price.

Incidenly I've bought it on both but played it on the xbox for the achivements! the xbox one seems a bit jumpy on the you monster levels, haven't tried it on the pc but i'm guessing its smoother

Tower_Mazer
02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Incidenly I've bought it on both but played it on the xbox for the achivements! the xbox one seems a bit jumpy on the you monster levels, haven't tried it on the pc but i'm guessing its smoother

What I did was delete all of my Defense Grid files from my xbox and redownloaded it completely to hopefully prevent fragmentation. If you havn't done that I would try it. I never have experienced that problemm on the Xbox (at least).

tagadagat
03-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Okay. This thread has just convinced me to get the DLC. Thanks, community! (for dooming me to my computer desk for the next weeks)

vlesperance
03-02-2012, 02:18 PM
I think this is the best of the expansions by far. Every level has a twist of some kind. The Portal humor is there. The levels have this great toughness level where the first time I see it, I say this is not possible to complete, much less gold. But, of course, you then think outside the box and it becomes goldable. Cudos to the developers on this one. Its worth far more than you charged. Hope to see more like this. Only wish there were 20 more levels like it.