PDA

View Full Version : Coal

Praetorx
12-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Should I save my coal for the drawing or craft it into something. I am doubting my chances due to the fact that I'm not doing all the give away achievements (only done 6 for all 3 days). There will probably be people who have bought every one of those games and done all those achievements. So should I save or craft?

-0mega-
12-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Depends if you want to push your luck.
There's a big chance you'll get a crappy coupon by crafting.
There's a big chance you'll get *nothing* from the Coal Prize Pool. (Either that or Valve Complete pack if you're lucky)

So if you can handle the sadness from crafting something ♥♥♥♥ty go for it.
Otherwise keep the coal and if you don't win anything just pretend crafting it would've given useless crap anyway.

Citizen Goat
12-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Or if you want to stay in the safe side, keep them and try to sell them for games in the trade sub-forum. :)

Praetorx
12-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Or if you want to stay in the safe side, keep them and try to sell them for games in the trade sub-forum. :)

I think I'll do this. Probably craft any left overs on the last day

xxxVJ300xxx
12-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Depends how much. If you end up with more coal then all the achievements would give, I'd say hold on. But if you have under like 40 I'd say craft/trade.

Praetorx
12-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Depends how much. If you end up with more coal then all the achievements would give, I'd say hold on. But if you have under like 40 I'd say craft/trade.

Well I doubt I'll be trading for coal unless its for coupons I don't want. They should implement something where you can exchange a "useless" coupon for 1 or 2 coal, would be handy.

Dreadjaws
12-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Well I doubt I'll be trading for coal unless its for coupons I don't want. They should implement something where you can exchange a "useless" coupon for 1 or 2 coal, would be handy.

Yup. I got a 50% off coupon for Osmos, a game I've never been interested in even when it was 75% off or more (as it is now). I don't think anyone is going to want it, I'd have to pay to get rid of it.