PDA

View Full Version : Will this game work?

Verwandlung
12-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Will this game work from start to finish without using tweaks or mods on my system?

i7 920
6gb ram
560ti
Windows7 x64

Thanks in advance

Capt. Tulip
12-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Running it on windows 7 with 8gb of ram, a quad core.
Honestly though I can't remember if I had to tweak it. Either way it's not hard to get running.

reberclark
12-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Hi Capt. Tulip - did you install the Windows Media Player 9 codecs? Are you running it in XP mode? My specs are similar to Verwanlung's - i7 x980, 6gb RAM, ATI HD 5780, Win7 64bit. Thanx.

Capt. Tulip
12-23-2011, 03:15 AM
Looked through my install files today, definitely didn't mes around in there, and I know I didn't do anything with regards to WMP codecs. All I can say is it runs fine on my system.

However, my system is a perfect combination that somehow always works. When you look in the GTA 4 forums, you'll see it is the worst and hardest to run pc port ever. I had no problems.

That's why I always take the chance and buy things such as Call of Cthulu. As long as your system doesn't always make you struggle to install something you should be fine.

Capt. Tulip
12-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Reberclark: I Was reading your thread, does the codecs come up in the usual steam first time install launcher, cause if so there a 50% chance I did install them and a 50% I just hit exit and the game ran anyway.

reberclark
12-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Reberclark: I Was reading your thread, does the codecs come up in the usual steam first time install launcher, cause if so there a 50% chance I did install them and a 50% I just hit exit and the game ran anyway.

Hi Capt. - Yes the codecs came up on first time install - I exited before running the game (did NOT install the codecs) then uninstalled the whole game.

So - do you think I can just exit out of the codec install? I figured it would mess up the game if I didn't install the codecs. If not, I'll try to play it. Please advise. Thanks!

Capt. Tulip
12-23-2011, 12:36 PM
I find steam always tries to install everything, like its only installed Direct X about 100 times, I find if you launch it and quit the installer, it usually doesn't try to install again.