PDA

View Full Version : Glitch stopping me collecting the Xmas achievement

leveller
12-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Just entered the doorway for Raz's subconscious and all I get to see is this:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/levelleruk/screenshot/594705619925932806

Anyone else suffering? Trying to grab that Xmas achievement, spent 2 hours playing thoroughly, collecting all the items on the way, and now stuck :confused:

And to rub salt in the wound my last save was as I walked through the door, so I can't go back a step :eek:

DFNathan
12-22-2011, 04:47 PM
That looks gfx related. Do you get that gitch even if you restart your computer and relaunch the game? If so, something else might be afoot.

However, if you just want to get the achievement then check out the savegame and instructions over on http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2310001.

leveller
12-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Alas, I already went for that option. I hated doing it, but with so little time to grab the achievements, and some games requiring so much time ... ah well! I now have both achievements.

Nathan, are you associated with the dev team for Psychonauts?

DFNathan
12-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Yep. I work at Double Fine*. I came on at the very end of pnauts to do Xbox optimization and various PC port work. I was lead programmer on BL and project lead on Once Upon a Monster. Now I'm working as the studio technical director, which is why I'm now more active on these forums and trying to reduce response time (even when we are on vacation :)

* We're in the process of fixing this account to be a mod.

leveller
12-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Well I'll give some rep points for assisting me, and thank you for taking the time to help myself and the other guys with queries. Much appreicated.

I've heard people mention Psychonauts before, and in fact I've owned it for some time now, just not had time to get around to playing it. Thank you to you devs and the Steam guys for pulling together another fantastic holiday game (Gift Pile), but more so because it teases me into playing games that have been sat on my proverbial games-shelf gathering dust. And when I come across a gem like Psychonauts, it makes for a great evening of gaming.

The imagination and level design in Psychonauts is very entertaining! (camera can be annoying at times, but still a great game).