PDA

View Full Version : The How to: Getting the achievement easily

TKperson
12-22-2011, 02:43 PM
To preface this I only began playing this game a couple of days ago in hopes of avoiding any major rush on the servers. So if anyone can suggest a faster / better method that would be great.

I know the http://www.steamcheeves.com/ site says you should play the 5v5 mode as Ichorr and use the first two abilities (a ranged heal and AOE heal that also damage enemies) to get assists, and this is partially correct. I picked up on the mechanics of the game fairly quickly, but the 'usuals' to the game can sometimes be uncooperative spazzes as some of you may or may not find out. Getting a teammate in there as you assist and making sure your teammate gets that kill can be harder than it sounds. Especially if you have a skilled enemy player breathing down your neck. Surprisingly getting kills was much easier than getting assists.

My suggestion for getting the achievement, is play as Ichorr, but play the 3 player mode. The 3 player mode puts you and two other players against 3 AI opponents. The enemy AI is pretty terrible and that makes them very easy to kill. So following around a teammate and just keeping the "Q" ability (ranged heal) on that player while fighting enemy opponents is an excellent way to get assists. I believe the "creeps" or basic trash npcs also reward the player with more gold in the PVE mode, thus making it easier to buy better equipment for that round sooner than you may be able to in the 5v5 mode.

I managed to get the achievement with ease in 3 player mode with two people that barely understood English. So hopefully this method will help anyone that is playing to get the achievement.

Spokker
12-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks. You should get an achievement for assisting us.

darkest4
12-22-2011, 02:51 PM
steamcheeves just shamelessly rips off the first thing they read on the steam forums, without giving credit, pretty lame really.

raupi
12-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Have some +rep for this instruction!

TKperson
12-22-2011, 02:59 PM
steamcheeves just shamelessly rips off the first thing they read on the steam forums, without giving credit, pretty lame really.

I don't really know anything about their site so I can't comment on that. I was just using it as a basic guide for what to work on first. I did see the same method reposted here on the forums though so I decided to add my two cents.

Grawlie
12-22-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm part of steamcheeves.com, and if you think we're just stealing things, how about you explain the custom savegames we made for games or the countless videos I've made explaining how to get the achievements? If anyone is stealing things, it are the users who submit stuff to our site. We don't have time to check if they stole something.

Troll somewhere else darkest4, there's always that awful Wikia page to use :D

darkest4
12-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm part of steamcheeves.com, and if you think we're just stealing things, how about you explain the custom savegames we made for games or the countless videos I've made explaining how to get the achievements? If anyone is stealing things, it are the users who submit stuff to out site. We don't have time to check if they stole something.

Troll somewhere else darkest4, there's always that awful Wikia page to use :D

How do you explain stuff I've read on the forums here posted by users which later show up copy pasted on your site or some of your alleged save files being stuff posted on forums just renamed by you..

Grawlie
12-22-2011, 03:10 PM
How do you explain stuff I've read on the forums here posted by users which later show up copy pasted on your site or some of your alleged save files being stuff posted on forums just renamed by you..

Did you read what I just said, or were you busy looking for the shift/comma key on your keyboard?

Please tell me what savefiles we stole without giving credits.

I expect you to not reply to this post, because there are none.

jp_rsardeto
12-22-2011, 03:18 PM
I keep pressing Q but that ♥♥♥♥ing thing isn't working.

darkest4
12-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Did you read what I just said, or were you busy looking for the shift/comma key on your keyboard?

Please tell me what savefiles we stole without giving credits.

I expect you to not reply to this post, because there are none.

You edited your post I replied before that... Save the personal attacks for someone who cares. AI War for starters? I saw no credit given to lighthaze who posted it to the forums.

kbe2k9
12-22-2011, 03:21 PM
I'll try this out, hate this game with a passion just want the darn achievement but so does everyone else so it's like impossible in 5v5.

Grawlie
12-22-2011, 03:27 PM
You edited your post I replied before that... Save the personal attacks for someone who cares. AI War for starters? I saw no credit given to lighthaze who posted it to the forums.

That actually is credited. It was submitted by an unknown person who gave no credit for it. We didn't know, so the owner actually wrote to us. If you don't believe me, why don't you message him and ask him if it's true?

"Hi,
I'm the guy who made the AI: War savegame. Any chance I can prove that to you? Probably via a post with my nickname in the corresponding thread in the steam forums?

Thank you fore setting up the website!"

Also, how do you know if we stole something, or someone stole something from us? And why do you even care?

I see you found the shift button, I'm so glad for you :)

darkest4
12-22-2011, 03:38 PM
That actually is credited. It was submitted by an unknown person who gave no credit for it. We didn't know, so the owner actually wrote to us. If you don't believe me, why don't you message him and ask him if it's true?

"Hi,
I'm the guy who made the AI: War savegame. Any chance I can prove that to you? Probably via a post with my nickname in the corresponding thread in the steam forums?

Also, how do you know if we stole something, or someone stole something from us? And why do you even care?

You just added the credit now, I literally loaded right before posting and it wasn't there. So I guess I'm being somewhat effective ;) Again with the personal attacks, sorry you're so angry I just like to see credit given where it's due and at least you give it when pressed about it, so credit to you for that.

TKperson
12-22-2011, 03:52 PM
I keep pressing Q but that ♥♥♥♥ing thing isn't working.

You have to hit the "+" symbol above an ability to unlock it, also after hitting the healing ability you have to click on your teammate.

Serret
12-22-2011, 03:55 PM
cannot get the achievement, too much failure from team m8s.

I either get kills or the team m8s die if im careful enough to try an do assists instead of kills..

*facepalm*

impossible achiev with this amount of fail

and i didnt die so far... but there's just so much fail -.- i quit i don't even like this game

zombo77
12-22-2011, 04:01 PM
You can get the achievement in 3 player PVE games, there's no reason to ruin a 5vs5 game if you plan on quitting after you get it.
It's fairly easy to rack up lots of kills against the bots, just take turns with killing them. Pressing tab shows the scoreboard.

TentacleMayor
12-22-2011, 04:02 PM
In PVE especially, it's a good idea to buy some cheap mana potions. They restore over time and it stops if you get hit though.

WitchHuntan
12-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Dear Steam users

Please please please stop running away from a fight with an enemy hero just as soon as it is almost dead hoping to leach assists. It's really frustrating especially when I actually try to kill the hero, but they end up escaping or I end up getting killed then the enemy dies and NO ONE gets assists.

Also please be kind and don't jump ship as soon as you get it leaving everyone else high and dry.

Drowning Witch
Anyone wanna do this together in PvE?

add me if you wanna play now, im a good gamer willing to coopearate.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/drowningwitch

Trogdor1983
Havent even registered yet and Im already sick of this game

"Error -118 when loading url https://registration.riseofimmortals.com/Registration/account_new_steam.jsp"

Drowning Witch
12-22-2011, 04:27 PM
same error :(

kbe2k9
12-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Just finished a 3 player PVE game, had like 20 assist by the end of it.

Way easier than 5v5, thanks OP.

*edit*All that effort for a -50% uplink coupon >_______<

pastastein13
12-22-2011, 05:23 PM

"Hi,

critiquing grammar in an argument looks douchie.

mjc0961
12-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Sounds easy enough. Sadly, the hard part about this achievement isn't actually getting the assists, it's actually being able to register so you can play it. :(

CaptVimes
12-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks OP saved me ruining a 5v5 i did so much wrong and didnt even notice the recommended built up the top of the shop till a fair way in.

Still managed to get 23 assists and all 3 of us were going for the cheev...we made sure we all got it and actually won the round after a big turnaround

X_perienced
12-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks OP, the strategy really worked out first time I tried, all 3 of us made sure everyone got achievement as well. Moar coal!

raptor67
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
critiquing grammar in an argument looks douchie.

It is douchie.
It is.

Lansing
12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
This is an easy one, first game 21 assists. Thank you for the advice, the game is actually alright, not great but playable.

puTTy0
12-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Rise of the Immortals:

Error -103 when loading url https://registration.riseofimmortals.com/Registration/account_new_steam.jsp

Yeah... thats the way to go... already dissapointed in the game

ton de mo nai
12-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Okay, I've tried seven rounds now as Icchor. I did four in pve, and three in pvp.
I did exactly what the OP said to do, the best I got was 10 assists and then the enemy team surrendered. I didn't get the achievement.

the ♥♥♥♥?

mjc0961
12-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Bah, this would be so much better if there weren't ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags who only care about themselves and won't help everyone else. I finally get in a game and we keep getting killed because some whiny turd refuses to get any kills, so we all kept dying. Then he left saying we suck ♥♥♥. Yeah, that makes sense, jerk.

Hopefully I'll get paired with some people who aren't tools tomorrow, but for now I can't take any more of this game. :eek:

Undying Zombie
12-23-2011, 01:36 AM
Eh.. I did it on first run with Ichor in a 5v5 match.. ended the match with 44 assists. ( This was actually my first time playing this game too lol.. though I have played DOTA years back and I have played SC2's version of it.. )

From what I have seen Ichor is the easiest to get assists with due to his abilities.

I can see the achievement being a pain if everyone on your team are acting like idiots :p

I actually don't mind the game.. though I think its due to the community is not as full of.. well I can't put it nicely so I will leave it there.

Blood Work
12-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Bah, this would be so much better if there weren't ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags who only care about themselves and won't help everyone else. I finally get in a game and we keep getting killed because some whiny turd refuses to get any kills, so we all kept dying. Then he left saying we suck ♥♥♥. Yeah, that makes sense, jerk.

Hopefully I'll get paired with some people who aren't tools tomorrow, but for now I can't take any more of this game. :eek:

His probably saying the same thing about you =)

See what I implied there.

puTTy0
12-23-2011, 02:30 AM
How I did it:

Just played one 5v5 game. Wasnt even trying to get only assists. Its easy. YouŽll probably end up with 15+ assists at the end of the game.

Khargon
12-23-2011, 02:32 AM
ya this one is proving to be a bit of a pain. i can't get any competent teammates or ones with enough guts to actually attack the damn bots lol

Badeanstalt
12-23-2011, 03:14 AM
wow i would do this achievment but the games is always super laggy.... impossible to play

Pingu123
12-23-2011, 03:26 AM
do it in a 5v5, in the 3v3 are only noobs who dont know how to play and just read this guide... In 3v3 I hardly got an assist and some games even all 3 Ichor... In the 5v5 I easy got 10+ assists. By just fighting

Khargon
12-23-2011, 03:50 AM
ya i just got like 20 assists in a 3v3 after finally getting a good teammate.

THU31
12-23-2011, 04:38 AM
Can you join a 2 vs. 2 match with three friends? If yes, then I want to boost it, I am sick of this game. Add me to friends if it is possible.

Jackassman
12-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Omg, this game is so ♥♥♥♥♥♥. That 86 minutes was waste of my time. I tried to do the achievement but the servers are lagging like crap, and ppl are noobs, cant work together. Awful game/achievement.

Cobra42
12-23-2011, 05:06 AM
^ +1.
This company does not have a bright future ahead of it.

raptor67
12-23-2011, 05:09 AM
So...
Does anyone want to try and farm this against bots?

TKperson
12-23-2011, 10:40 PM
How I did it:

Just played one 5v5 game. Wasnt even trying to get only assists. Its easy. YouŽll probably end up with 15+ assists at the end of the game.

With so many new players flooding into the game 5v5 matches can work out in your favor. The reason I suggest the 3 player PvE mode is because the enemy AI is easy to overpower.

TentacleMayor
12-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Yeah I think 3-PVE is more reliable, as long as players don't quit as soon as they get it. It's slow going any way you do it, unless you have two organised teams in pvp. This objective sucks.

JG_Pliskin
12-24-2011, 03:06 AM
The bots in PVE are irritating as **** though because they run away so easily.

Can anyone please help me get this achievement? I'll go Ichorr and use the snare thing to stop them running away so fast and you finish them off.

Add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/JG_Pliskin

Nightmare117 p3
12-24-2011, 03:08 AM
Impossible achievment

conde_cadista
12-24-2011, 05:20 AM
PFfff that's imposibble! Help! :(

http://steamcommunity.com/id/conde_cadista

KingOfMars27
12-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Just did a 5v5, got it pretty painlessly. Much easier than 3v3, where enemies would always run away easily and these troll things would constantly get in the way. I might have been lucky with my teams though. In my 5v5, it seemed to be relatively even and people were fighting in groups. Not a lot of vocal communication though, definitely would have gone better with that.

Neat game idea overall, but I doubt I'll come back to the game. It seemed to be two teams butting heads with 0 visible progress ever being made. Mindless killing was still fun, but it did get old after a while. Not to mention that I never had an idea what the magic circles were doing and whether it was worth trying to fight through it or if I should immediately flee whenever they appear.

Novanic
12-26-2011, 02:26 AM

"Hi,

Well if you want to have any hope of making it on the internet you shouldn't really attack the community. I had no idea what steamcheevs (or w/e the ♥♥♥♥) was but now i dont really care after reading your posts :/

You seem like the typical CoDMW QUIKSCOPEZ LOL CHECK MY VIDS SUBSCRIBE PLX youtube guy.

Mullinx
12-26-2011, 02:39 AM
It's really easy, and I played DOTA (WC3 mod) like 3 times.

What you need is a team with people willing to help, and a bit of coordination. I found that using the Lich hero (dunno the name) is pretty easy to both assist (area attacks) and also kill.

radu191289
12-26-2011, 07:28 AM
3vs3 worked for me, I found it here http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Gift_Pile

BionicAir
12-26-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm looking to get this achievement right now. to spare the trouble,is it possible to form a pre-made group for the PvE? so we can coordinate better? I simply only plan on playing the game once to get the achievement,then uninstalling it afterwards.

fobbs25
12-26-2011, 07:27 PM
To get the achievement easily, firstly pick Ichorr. Secondly get into a 5v5 pvp match. Third, unlocky/buy the ability Enchanted Grove which is binded to the W key. Then follow your teamates, and when they attack an enemy immortal, use the W key around them, which will slightly damage your enemies, and heal your teamates at the same time. Then rinse and repeat. You dont even have hit anyone. Just keep spamming W near the fighting.

adler187
12-27-2011, 11:33 AM
I did 3v3 PVE and twice I got over 10 assists, but was not awarded the achievement. Anyone else having the same problem?

Krabonq
12-27-2011, 11:41 AM
There should be a "How to" for the devs/publisher running the absolutely abysmal servers...

I still can't get into the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ed lobby.

adler187
12-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I did 3v3 PVE and twice I got over 10 assists, but was not awarded the achievement. Anyone else having the same problem?

Oh, well. I did 5v5 PVP today and got it.

vadersdemise
12-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Here ya guys go! I tried helping the most I could:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dxmIjJEG4Q

Just follow everything I did, you will get it. :)

Reptar
12-27-2011, 04:29 PM
My suggestion for getting the achievement, is play as Ichorr, but play the 3 player mode. The 3 player mode puts you and two other players against 3 AI opponents. The enemy AI is pretty terrible and that makes them very easy to kill. So following around a teammate and just keeping the "Q" ability (ranged heal) on that player while fighting enemy opponents is an excellent way to get assists. I believe the "creeps" or basic trash npcs also reward the player with more gold in the PVE mode, thus making it easier to buy better equipment for that round sooner than you may be able to in the 5v5 mode.

never played this kind of game before, not the warcraft mod or any that followed, after playing the tutorial I got it on my second game against the bots. I hardly had to try really and got 19 assists in the match, just upgrade the first two skills and play as a medic. great advice.

edit: didn't get the achievement until I left the game though, and even then no notification, but I definitely got it.

QuintSakugarne
12-27-2011, 07:34 PM
I played Kyrie, and got it within the course of one (long) 3-player PVE match.

If the computer players are annoyingly running away from you, get yourself some items that increase your movement speed.