PDA

View Full Version : I'm asking for a refund

Ben.EEeee
12-22-2011, 10:36 PM
It's a pity because I like this game, it is unfortunately unplayable.

I crash every 15 minutes. I crash in the strategic map, I crash in tactical battles.

The game settings do not remember that I set my refresh rate to 60hz... causing my monitor to black out when it loads the game at 100hz, forcing a restart.

When the game crashes I loose a lot of time replaying from the last savegame. My gameplay experience is now this:
move to location - save in case of crash - move to battle - save in case of crash - finish trading - save in case of crash

Gameplay has been reduced to a sick paranoid regime of saving every few minutes and praying to the pagan gods that the game won't crash.

I can't find a fix as one does not exist... many other users are experiencing the same thing.

I am asking for a refund. This game is not finished.

------------------------------------------------------
TO THOSE CONSIDERING BUYING THIS GAME:
Don't buy it now!
The game is unstable and buggy... I strongly suggest waiting until future patches are released. Until then, play Total War.

beached walrus
12-25-2011, 07:49 PM
A bit of an overeaction. It doesn't work on "my" computer so you shouldn't buy it. Mine runs fine, i would say buy it now while its on special

Ben.EEeee
12-27-2011, 02:09 AM
I think you misunderstand - this problem exist beyond just "my" computer, it is a widespread one and a fault of the developers.

There's no reason why my computer should not run this game when it can run BF3, Skyrim, StarCraft 2, Shogun 2 on Ultra Settings without problems when Real Warfare 2 crashes within minutes of game play.

I am asking for a refund because 1C has a tendency to release bug-ridden games and never fixing them before releasing the next. I have no confidence that they will repair this problem in due time. If you need examples of why, just look at the Theater of War series.

If your car had a defect straight after purchasing it through no fault of your own, you'd expect to have your car fixed and if it can't be fixed, replaced or refunded. 1C has a duty of care to it's customers. They should not release shoddy products that do not work and they should not expect their customers to take such things lying down.

Dayka
12-29-2011, 07:56 AM
This problem may exist with other computers, but it is probably linked to some specific hardware/configuration. Did you ever tried to lower the resolution you are playing at or use different graphics/sound settings? If you do it and find out precisely what causes this problem this would be so much constructive and would help you to get a patch faster.

I dont know for the other games, but here they already released 2 patches (1 per month), and they are not stupid, they have good reviews so why would they not support the game? A good example of lack of support would be "STORM:Frontline nation" but they had bad reviews (mostly because game was unfinished) and this was another company.

Also, 1C is not a bad editor (like UBI or SEGA), and they didnt develop this game (as for your example "Theater of war") Unicorn games studio did it and they already have experience with this kind of games (XIII century and Real Warfare 1242). I bought the 1C complete package because of this game and some others i already know (Star wolves, King's bounty, Fantasy wars) and also happy i will be able to test "Men of War" and "Theatre of War".

I am very pleased with this game so far: I just played a few hours, but no crash or any problem and i now have to restart my campaign because i faced a stronger army with a good AI in battle 3 or 4 (in almost all other RTS of this kind i would have beat the AI also when outnumbered but here i was just ... wiped, and this is a great feeling to face a real challenge in this kind of game so i will restart my campaign and play a bit more "seriously/prudent".

All that to say that complaining this way is not constructive, and also if i understand that you are frustrated not be able to play this game, dont restrain others to buy it because this is also counter-productive: May be you will be lucky and someone else with the same problem but not as lazy as you will investigate it further and help to fix it faster ;)

mitra76
12-29-2011, 10:14 AM
The crash main problem has been already found and it is in correction; is linked to sound library used, for some reason with some PC it cause the crash. If you see when happen in battle after have pressed "return" 10-15 times the message error disappears and the battle continue, because is linked to sound and not to graphic.

Ben.EEeee
12-30-2011, 03:30 AM
All that to say that complaining this way is not constructive, and also if i understand that you are frustrated not be able to play this game, dont restrain others to buy it because this is also counter-productive: May be you will be lucky and someone else with the same problem but not as lazy as you will investigate it further and help to fix it faster ;)

Here is where you are wrong, assuming I am a lazy complainer. I've tried every solution given... even updated my Visual C++ runtime components, reloaded my Direct X drivers, update my .net, lowered down my graphical settings, verified the game cache about 5 times, but none of that helped. It still crashes every 15 to 30 minutes.

If you have an idea that will help me out, then post it please... otherwise your post will remain just as so much noise.

The crash main problem has been already found and it is in correction; is linked to sound library used, for some reason with some PC it cause the crash. If you see when happen in battle after have pressed "return" 10-15 times the message error disappears and the battle continue, because is linked to sound and not to graphic.

I've read that somewhere and tried it already when I crash but my screen blacks out and the message "access violation ...." keeps repeating itself. I then have no choice but to close the programme.

Ben.EEeee
12-30-2011, 03:43 AM
I am very pleased with this game so far: I just played a few hours, but no crash or any problem and i now have to restart my campaign because i faced a stronger army with a good AI in battle 3 or 4 (in almost all other RTS of this kind i would have beat the AI also when outnumbered but here i was just ... wiped, and this is a great feeling to face a real challenge in this kind of game so i will restart my campaign and play a bit more "seriously/prudent".

Really? Are you so much of a noob you need to restart you campaign? Or require a stronger army to win?

Here's how you test the AI to see if they're genuinely smart or if they only know how to chase an object round the battlefield:

Line your men up in 2 rows - archers/crossbow in front and melee behind.

Move your general forward of your main army, but within range of the archers. Wait for the enemy to arrive.

Watch the comical spectacle of all enemy units chase your general around your archers in circles.

Charge into any skirmishers they have and watch them run away while their hapless infantry get peppered behind.

When your archers have run out of arrows - send in your footmen to clean up.

This is how I defeated so many enemies that outnumbered me with just 1 General, 1 Archer, 1 Crossbowman, 2 Footmen.

The AI isn't smart. They target 1 unit, and then chase it around like a bad Benny Hill show.

After the battle, your system crashes when you enter a town to trade - so you must re-fight that battle again.

Dayka
12-30-2011, 03:14 PM
This is how I defeated so many enemies that outnumbered me with just 1 General, 1 Archer, 1 Crossbowman, 2 Footmen.
I dont think you would winn mission 4 with only these men, i tried it and i was wiped, for the previous missions you dont need to exploit (except if you cant do better) to winn, just be cautious.

Really? Are you so much of a noob you need to restart you campaign? Or require a stronger army to win?
No, i'm not such a noob, but yes i needed more than 4 inf to win battle 4 (AI use his 3 cavalry well in this one, combined with his infantery). I restarted campaign because it was only mission 4 and i didnt save before (we play very differently).

And please, tell me when your bug will be fixed, i would love to test the multi with you :cool:

Ben.EEeee
12-30-2011, 05:03 PM
(AI use his 3 cavalry well in this one, combined with his infantery)

That battle is scripted you realise. The enemy cavalry spawns on 3 different ends of the map and is scripted to converge into your centre.

If you load that composition into an unscripted (standard) battle, you'll find that the AI does the same thing: follow your general around like a cartoon.

tolz0
01-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Not an overreaction...game is very buggy!! Could it be a good one...yes...with work maybe. Before you get started with the computer sucks thing ive got an assus g73...i can run about anything on at least high...but run about everything on ultra!!!!