PDA

View Full Version : This game is really, really good

bm00
12-22-2011, 11:38 PM
I hope this game gets more attention and sells a ton because it's deserving of it. It's one of the most underrated, fun, physics based, platform, puzzle solving/shooters with awesome music and a nice story that I've played. This game needs more attention.

Thank you devs for this gem and I genuinely hope there's a part 2!

snlehton
12-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Thank you for your kind words! I wholeheartedly agree ;)

Cheers,
Sampsa / Recoil Games

PurSpyk!!
12-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Yes, very good game.

held
12-26-2011, 02:49 AM
I like the art design (TF 2, WOW style) and gameplay (Portal 2, HL2, TF2, Jump&Run) very much. The soundtrack is also very good and there is a song in the first chapter which reminds me of a space movie, but I don't know the movie right now. I bought it in the Mac App Store and it runs great on my new Macbook Air. The coolers are getting a little bit louder, but that's ok, because it runs smooth. I also have an iMac, if I should get into any troubles. I also like the camera angle and the blur effect. This indie game shares the No. 1 position together with BEEP in 2011. Good work!

LoboFHmod
12-30-2011, 02:51 PM
One of the best indie games in a awesome landscape of indie games, I have enjoyed this year with indie games the same or even more than with triple A's: Rochard, Hard Reset, Trine 2, Limbo, Bastion, Orcs Must Die, etc, etc, etc.

PurSpyk!!
12-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Lets hope the sales are good and some extra content can be added at a later date.

snlehton
12-31-2011, 04:54 AM
Thank you all for your kind words! It's always hearthwarming to hear people like things you've created :)

Lets hope the sales are good and some extra content can be added at a later date.

You guys can definitely help with this. Remember to recommend the game in Steam and also tell your friends about it! We would really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Sampsa / Recoil Games

xenit
12-31-2011, 06:14 AM
I bought it in the Mac App Store and it runs great on my new Macbook Air. The coolers are getting a little bit louder, but that's ok, because it runs smooth. I also have an iMac, if I should get into any troubles. I also like the camera angle and the blur effect.

Please write a review to the Mac App Store :) The game needs some more reviews to become more visible in the store.

rookie87
12-31-2011, 10:32 AM
You've convinced me :D
I will buy it now

Daren
12-31-2011, 11:00 AM
The games great, soundtracks awesome too.

Queops
12-31-2011, 02:18 PM
And there's a demo, always a plus when you are considering buying a game.

Zeewolf
12-31-2011, 04:19 PM
I originally didn't buy this due to the $/€-pricing, but that's less of a problem when the game's discounted so I'm thinking of buying it now. Just a question, though, is the Amiga/demoscene-style tune from the first trailer on Steam representative of the soundtrack? If so I may get the bundle.

xenit
12-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Soundrack samples can be found from POTF site:
http://www.poetsofthefall.com/digistore/#digital-specials

The pricing is based on different taxation (EU vs. non-EU) and prices that are not adjusted by currency rate changes.

Rad-86
12-31-2011, 06:34 PM
just bought it... awesome..
but is there some sort of advanced settings for graphics?
id like some AA please

Baresark
12-31-2011, 11:03 PM
You have convinced me, and I definitely have to go for the soundtrack edition. It looks pretty spectacular.

Turzumi
01-01-2012, 03:29 AM
I don't usually buy indie games that much but I saw preview of this in Finnish online tv show Gamer and it seemed quite good. Got the soundtrack edition and gotta say it seems like a quality platformer.

For the developers: Hyvää uutta vuotta 2012 ja tehkäähän jatko-osa ;)

snlehton
01-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Thank you all for your kind words! It's great to see your work being appreciated!

DexterSinister
01-17-2012, 10:46 PM
I bought a lot of games during the holiday sale and this is one of the best.

Casual enough that I can play through a section here and there, but engaging enough to make me want more. Saves frequently enough to not make you go back so far you want to pull your hair out. Puzzles are challenging enough to make you think for a moment, but not frustrating to the point where you give up. Kind of a platformer, but doesn't require pixel-perfect jumps. Many areas give you more than one way to solve/get through. Voice actors are pretty good.

I'll hesitantly agree that it could be a little harder, but not too much or it might become more frustrating and less fun.

All in all, a damn fine game. Worth the full price. I almost feel guilty for getting it on sale. Hope to see more from the devs.

MultiVaC
01-18-2012, 01:42 AM
I just played through the demo, convinced me to buy it :) The gameplay clicked for me right away, it's really fun and well-executed.

emodius
02-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah, this is a great game. Wrote a recommendation to my friends!

freibooter
02-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Amazing game, great gameplay and more polished than several AAA titles. I recommended this game to everyone I know ... shame it has been flying under the radar for so long.

idioot
02-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Good game indeed, but today my mouse doesn't work properly in-game anymore! Can't aim at all. Buttons work, and everything is okay in the menus, but not in-game...
Was working just fine yesterday :(

E: eh, had to restart level and it's fine now

aphex242
02-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Excellent game, I also highly recommend it. The voice acting is somewhat painful, imho. Neither Skyler nor John's accents are remotely authentic sounding... it's a little grating for me. But this is a minor issue, it's got a fun, simple story and engaging gameplay. A damn good time.

Vag
02-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Best platform game of the year for me. It's masterpiece. Bravo Recoil Games and thank you very much.Keep it up!

Emerald
02-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Voice acting could use some work. Some lines seem a bit stiff, especially when a character is supposed to show shock or surprise.

Everything else is great.

indio68
03-10-2012, 02:30 PM
i just finisched Rochard and i really loved it!! very good work recoil...like the end of the game "says"...i hope this game will continue in other "dimension", with this funny gameplaay and maybe someting more.
I'm waiting on Rochard 2.
sry bad english, best regards

Urah
03-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Thank you all for your kind words! It's great to see your work being appreciated!

Developers participating in the forums...

means instant buy for me.

;)

m1kee
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
This game is awesome, it's a must buy!

Lamento
03-16-2012, 01:45 PM
I bought it, because I was impressed by the demo which I happened to play a few weeks ago. It's a nice touch that the game remembered and was able to use the save from my earlier demo play.

freibooter
03-16-2012, 01:49 PM
My only real criticism of the game is, that I want more of it (not that it was too short, it certainly offered enough content for the asking price) - I'm still hoping for more free content or DLC.

jonnyj03
03-16-2012, 02:18 PM
How is this game with a mouse and keyboard? I just scrolled thrugh the 3 pages of posts and didn't really see anything about it... If somebody could tell me from experience I would appreciate it.

Would like to buy, but not if gameplay is messed up by not having a XBOX controller, which I do not, and don't plan on buying one o.O

raupi
03-16-2012, 02:37 PM
I liked playing Rochard with mouse and keyboard, even though i have a Xbox controller right next to them. Some like it one way, some the other.When in doubt, play the demo (http://store.steampowered.com/app/107800/) :)

Also i'd like to stress that this game is really, really good indeed.

xenit
03-16-2012, 02:39 PM
We paid quite much attention to the mouse & keyboard controls. They're now the preferred controls among the developers. Controlling the gravity is a bit harder, but using mouse for targeting works very well.

Jan / Recoil Games.

benetti32
03-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Awesome game, but I wish we could buy the soundtrack separately :(

xenit
03-16-2012, 03:53 PM
We have requested Valve to release the soundtrack-only version. Meanwhile, the OST is available on the Poets of the Fall digistore at http://www.poetsofthefall.com/digistore/#digital-specials

Jan / Recoil Games

Salvatore955
03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
ok i played the demo and immediately picked up the game. Game is GREAT!

Anisotonic
03-16-2012, 06:25 PM
had a great time playing the demo, won't buy unfortunately because of the high proportion of 2d shaders causing all sorts of glitches and impacting immersion negatively. wish the devs would take the time to fix them.

xenit
03-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Sent a PM (requested screen shot and computer specifications).

Jan / Recoil Games

Ladicuis
03-17-2012, 08:38 AM
How is this game with a mouse and keyboard? I just scrolled thrugh the 3 pages of posts and didn't really see anything about it... If somebody could tell me from experience I would appreciate it.

Would like to buy, but not if gameplay is messed up by not having a XBOX controller, which I do not, and don't plan on buying one o.O

Great game, keyboard and mouse work fine for this game. Definitly recommend it to anyone, one of the best games I played in a while.

mystrdat
03-17-2012, 08:41 AM
had a great time playing the demo, won't buy unfortunately because of the high proportion of 2d shaders causing all sorts of glitches and impacting immersion negatively. wish the devs would take the time to fix them.

Haven't noticed anything like that.

xenit
03-17-2012, 09:25 AM
We haven't noticed such problems either. However, there are shader fallbacks for pre-DX9.0c hardware, which have not been extensively tested, hence the game requirements include DX9.0c. Of course, there might be a driver problem.

Some have though the quickly closing lid in ladder pass-through is a glitch. It is not, although the texture of the lid is very dark. Because of the lid, John can run over the pass-through without jumping.

Jan / Recoil Games

MrNash
03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
I had a lot of fun with the game too. I thought the puzzles and platforming were a lot of fun, and John Rochard is probably one of the most likeable video game characters that I've come across in a long time. :)

muff
03-21-2012, 09:19 AM
This is one good game! Thanks!

Servalan
03-26-2012, 04:36 PM
A friend pointed me to this game this morning and at lunch I checked out the demo. What a great game! It looks like a lot of effort went into polishing the game at all levels. Anyways, the demo sold me and I'm now installing the full version. Great job!

puxili
04-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Definitely one of the best puzzle-platformers I've played in the last 20 years. I would go as far as ranking it #2 after Portal. Why the hell aren't more people playing this?

tragikos
04-10-2012, 05:11 AM
It is indeed really good, but it's kinda short (~5 hours). Totaly worth the buy

xenit
04-15-2012, 01:00 PM
The feedback has been excellent and the fans of the game are the most valuable asset we have. I'm humbly asking the Rochard fans spread the word through any media, including FB (www.facebook.com/rochardthegame), Twitter (@RochardTheGame) and G+.

Jan / Recoil Games

Assassinador
04-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Excellent game, great value for US$ 10. I don't have a single complaint. Can't wait for the next one!

held
04-27-2012, 01:49 AM
I would like to see a Rochard 2 or a similar game with sort of the same gameplay mechanics. Thanks for the OS X version.