PDA

View Full Version : Co-op and stability

Noizic
12-23-2011, 01:13 AM
How stable is the game with current patch if you play like 3 or 4 persons in co-op? A friend and I bought the 4-pack and was thinking of playing co-op but we read in the beginning that the game had some annoying issues and we decided to wait until steam sales during christmas.

EDIT: I forgot to ask about future patches. Are there only a few hotfixes in the near future or is there something big planned ahead? If so, we can happily wait.

A.fudge
12-23-2011, 09:24 AM
I was playing coop missions 2 night ago and it was real fun and no bug/glitches/crashes that I saw.

However you will need to open ports as its a source game, and most likely use the dedicated server tool.

Bfox
12-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Unplayable for clients here, and this is for a LAN game, but the host can play just fine.

Fick
12-23-2011, 11:09 AM
I was playing coop missions 2 night ago and it was real fun and no bug/glitches/crashes that I saw.

However you will need to open ports as its a source game, and most likely use the dedicated server tool.

What? you need to install that? why? that is bad for people who want to play fast, why not its like Alien Swarn, L4D or Portal 2?

Mexicutioner
12-23-2011, 12:52 PM
What? you need to install that? why? that is bad for people who want to play fast, why not its like Alien Swarn, L4D or Portal 2?

I agree it is a bit tedious having to open ports manually just to host online with friends.

However, it is still an amazing single player game, playing online with friends takes away the ambience of the level/art design I find.

Noizic
12-23-2011, 03:00 PM
No problems with the dedicated for me, I actually prefer it. Quick and dirty always makes some quick glitches/problems anyway.

Good that it seems to be more stable than before though. :)

Urug
12-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Unplayable for clients:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vmlQXbdQQ0