PDA

View Full Version : What the hell did i just play??? Spoiler heavy

fenixraven
12-23-2011, 06:01 AM
Ok as best as i can gather this is my understanding of things so far.

you're a male child roaming the woodlands looking for your sister. player encounters amongst other things a giant spidie, some people who cant understand and eventually winds up inside a machine the machine is an engine of some description, theres worms and a lotta boxes.

This is >MY< interpretation

Child is lost. scared, hurt. the boxes represent his need to find medical supplies, the spider is a spider be honest i dont want a black widow or other large form of them near me when i aint well. the people represent his losing grasp of coheriensy. he sees them, there for as slipping away from him. as does ones life force when dying. the moth and various larvae are probably a manisfestation of what will happen to him. the hotel and vauge city scapes probably where he either last was or wanted to be going to. the machine is actually his understanding of the car he is in or rather was in and the turning around is the manifestation of a pretty damn violent car crash. which his final thoughts are as the game ends he smashes through the glass and finds his sister nearby. when the game goes to a load screen theres 2 piles of flies and the what i assume is a tree house is rather worse for wear. flies congregate around demoposing stuff. so its my beleife, they both died from a car crash.

Science4cake
12-26-2011, 10:12 AM
I figure since the game is called limbo, that the boy is in limbo between life and death and has to survive some internal struggle to live. When you break through the glass you come back to life and find your sister grieving, then live happily ever after.

inspiral66
12-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Limbo is, according to certain Christian faiths, the place unbaptised children go to. It's not Heaven, it's not Hell, but a timelss grey place in between. Cute, eh?

NaN
12-27-2011, 03:55 PM
I figure since the game is called limbo, that the boy is in limbo between life and death and has to survive some internal struggle to live. When you break through the glass you come back to life and find your sister grieving, then live happily ever after.

no...actually if you wait until credits finish, you will see two cropses and flies at the same places where he and his sister were standing.

In my opinion, the guy and sister(maybe GF?) died by some unkwnon reason. Thats why , after death, the guy has to look for her sister, in order to leave this world together.
Thats why game ends when he finally find her, so they can leave together to the next world(either heaven or hell)