PDA

View Full Version : Skryim pixel grid like shadows

mikepro15
12-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Well i have this problem
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/614968439139102516/9E53251A07FAE3DB2FD5DEDCDA91AE7212E342D7/

that's a screenshot of the shadows i'm having in some places
like breezehome and sometimes in the woods or snowy mountains.. i would like some help if any of you had this problem and fixed it..:confused:

mikepro15
12-23-2011, 09:13 AM
anyone?

superboyofmeat
12-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Your image wont load for some reason, but I will venture a guess you are seeing shadows display like mesh screens over your characters and others? I have seen this alot.

Sometimes it will happen in areas it doesn't normally happen in, when it does a quick exit to desktop and reload solves it. However some places seem to have that effect 24/7.

To me it seems like sometimes the shadows are cast through mesh objects which cause that shadow effect, like in the jarls hall in riften. The only fix for those instances would be from modders moving the light casting objet away from the mesh causing the issue.

So no, what you are seeing isn't a complete bug and occurs naturally in some areas. There isn't currently a good fix for them.

mikepro15
12-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Your image wont load for some reason, but I will venture a guess you are seeing shadows display like mesh screens over your characters and others? I have seen this alot.

Sometimes it will happen in areas it doesn't normally happen in, when it does a quick exit to desktop and reload solves it. However some places seem to have that effect 24/7.

To me it seems like sometimes the shadows are cast through mesh objects which cause that shadow effect, like in the jarls hall in riften. The only fix for those instances would be from modders.

So no, what you are seeing isn't a complete bug and occurs naturally in some areas. There isn't currently a good fix for them.

Well that sucks then... because at breezehome at one moment i thought someone took a net and threw it on the light - everything was squares and pixels

31Victor
12-24-2011, 11:33 AM
I've seen this in Breezehome as well. I think it has to do with how the software generates shadows, so hopefully they will be able to patch this.

DrHarvey12
12-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Yep - happens for me in Breezeholme too and I think it always has done.

I tend to go through that part of the house quite quickly to avoid looking at it :P

I have noticed some weird and minute mesh looking textures in the gaps in the wood when staring at the front door of Breezeholme. Don't know if this is what is causing the effect somehow?!?

OMNOMNAM
12-24-2011, 11:59 AM
This is just how the game generates shadows, unfortunately. To make it less noticeable, you can increase the amount of blur on the shadows by increasing the variable iBlurDeferredShadowMask in your SkyrimPrefs.ini. It wont make it go away, but it's better than nothing.