PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth $6.79 just for single player?

dukmiester2
12-23-2011, 09:44 AM
See title, it's on sale and I don't do MP games.

Thanks for any replies.

ElfShotTheFood
12-23-2011, 10:13 AM
I enjoyed the game, although it's shallow and very arcadey: you can steer your bike in mid-air and you'll never need to brake.

The tracks designs are good, but they repeat a lot over the course of the game. Also, there are really only two game modes: racing and time trials. "Stunt" races are essentially the same as normal race events. This makes the career mode a bit repetitive.

The game is pretty outlandish at times: plenty of speed, huge jumps, and lots and lots of crashing and exploding.

Career mode will take about eight or so hours to finish, and there are additional challenges like beating the developers' times on all the tracks. You can also do one-off races or tournaments against AI racers.

I'd say it was worth the sale price.

(INB4 someone complains about the limited activations)

dukmiester2
12-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Thank you :)

Sounds good to me! Occasionally, I just enjoy a not too serious over the top arcadey game.

Regarding the activation limits:

"Note on TAGES™ DRM
3 activations
Every 30 days 1 activation gets automatically added by TAGES until the full 3 activations are reached again.

5 revocations (for the 3 activations above)
Every 30 days 1 revocation gets automatically added by TAGES until the full 5 revocations are reached again."

Seems to me, no matter how many activations get used, after 5 months it all resets again anyway. I can't imagine using 1 or maybe 2 during the course of an entire year anyway so no big deal to me. I only game on my home Desktop PC anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

YellowPikachu
12-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I got an extra copy, I can trade for a $5 game from the dailies if youre interested

dukmiester2
12-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Oops :o
I already bought it on sale, but thank you for the offer none the less.

BasketCaseOIC
01-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Bought it during the holiday sale as well. Very fun racer for the money:)

ericL
05-03-2012, 09:56 AM
in some ways yes, in others no. The SP is kind of fun, with a very repetetive campaign mode. Obviously they should have added much more maps/tracks. Overall i liked it, but the DRM is what kills it off for alot of people.