PDA

View Full Version : Lobbies? Team play? Key bindings?

Flopjack
12-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Title says it all. Particularly team play, the game could really benefit from these features. A couple custom maps would be required though, but essentially for team play, a 2v2 situation could be organized where a path arrow is used to determine which path of the fork before each team's base. Team combos could be really exciting. Healing Sun Giants, shielding Necromancers, one player goes melee while other goes ranged, etc...

Also, for the PC crowd, home of the real RTS ;), we might like some simple unit functions and hot keys. Perhaps if you added the ability to tell a unit to slow down for 3 seconds (to improve timings) you might see some more deliberate strategies. However, I see the design decision by having no unit control at all. Also, maybe allow key bindings for quick spells/production? Something as simple as hovering the mouse over an ability then pressing the key you want (1-Z) to activate the ability would be nice.

Anyway, clever game, I just wish there was a little more to it.

SuperSalad
12-25-2011, 05:28 AM
Title says it all. Particularly team play, the game could really benefit from these features. A couple custom maps would be required though, but essentially for team play, a 2v2 situation could be organized where a path arrow is used to determine which path of the fork before each team's base. Team combos could be really exciting. Healing Sun Giants, shielding Necromancers, one player goes melee while other goes ranged, etc...

Also, for the PC crowd, home of the real RTS ;), we might like some simple unit functions and hot keys. Perhaps if you added the ability to tell a unit to slow down for 3 seconds (to improve timings) you might see some more deliberate strategies. However, I see the design decision by having no unit control at all. Also, maybe allow key bindings for quick spells/production? Something as simple as hovering the mouse over an ability then pressing the key you want (1-Z) to activate the ability would be nice.

Anyway, clever game, I just wish there was a little more to it.

All great ideas, I don't know if any updates for this game will be coming out. But I would most love just to be able to chat with the person I'm playing. I think it would cut back on the intentional network errors as well, if the other player actually had to talk to the person theyre screwing over.