PDA

View Full Version : Resetting my progress

piefreak
12-25-2011, 03:42 AM
Just wondering if there's a way to reset the game since there's no option to create profiles? I tried reinstalling the game and deleting the whole folder in steamapps but seems like the settings are stored elsewhere.

wcoastsands
12-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Just wondering if there's a way to reset the game

Under Windows, game data is currently being saved as registry entries; on Mac it's saved in user's Library. Best solution is for us to add an option for resetting the game progress. I'll be able to get you more info on clearing game data manually after I return from vacation. Will be back in the office after the first of the year.

piefreak
12-26-2011, 03:04 AM
Cheers!

wcoastsands
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Just wondering if there's a way to reset the game

There is a way to reset the game, but I'm wary of recommending the option since it involves editing the Windows registry. If you're not familiar with editing the registry, I recommend waiting a week or two for the next update which will include an option to reset game progress.

Warning! Only attempt the following if you are familiar with editing the Windows registry and are prepared to accept the risks and the responsibility for any potential consequences in doing so. Cipher Prime Studios can not be held responsible for any damage to your system or loss of data due to attempting the following suggested procedure.

To reset Fractal to its original install state by means of editing the registry, you must delete the associated registry branch. Open the Registry Editor: select Start, select Run, type regedit, and select OK. First make a backup of the registry: select File, select Export, set Export Range to All, enter a filename and select Save. Next, navigate the registry tree to the following branch:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cipher Prime Studios, Inc.\Fractal

Simply select the Fractal branch folder and delete it. Exit the Registry Editor and run Fractal. You should find that the launcher preferences and game progress have returned to their original install state.

allanschnorr
02-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Is there an easy way to copy my progress to another computer?

wcoastsands
02-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Assuming you're on a Windows machine, you can backup the Fractal registry branch and restore it on the secondary system. Open the Registry Editor: select Start, select Run, type regedit, and select OK. Next, navigate the registry tree to the following branch:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cipher Prime Studios, Inc.\Fractal

Simply select the Fractal branch folder. Then make a backup of the registry branch: select File, select Export, set Export Range to Selected Branch, enter a filename (Fractal.reg) and select Save. Copy the file Fractal.reg to the secondary system. Open the Registry Editor and import the Fractal registry branch: select File, select Import, select Fractal.reg, and select Open.

Exit the Registry Editor and run Fractal. You should find that the all settings and progress from the primary system have been copied to the secondary system.