PDA

View Full Version : Insane conversation delay - HELP?!

bolt
12-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Every time I talk to someone, there's a 10 second or so delay before the next conversation options appear (after they're done replying). If I ask to see someone's items in a store, it takes ages for the item list to appear. In the mean time, I am frozen in place, but able to look around awkwardly by moving the mouse to the edges of the screen.

What the hell? How do I fix this?

Xinra
12-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Have you tried any specific trouble-shooting on your end?

bolt
12-25-2011, 05:43 AM
I have absolutely no idea what to do about this. It seems related to the quest system and stores. Conversations that do nothing but give more conversation options seem to run smoothly. The instant they're supposed to trigger a script, quest update or store, there's a huge delay.

The game runs perfectly smoothly otherwise.

I'm on Intel/nVidia, it that matters.

Xinra
12-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Is the "Intel/nVidia" you mention your videocard? What model is it?

There are a few things you can do, as mentioned in quite a few threads in this forum. If you're experiencing a loss of Frames Per Second (FPS), it could be contributed to quite a few things.

The first thing I would ask is what level of graphic detail are you running the game at? Has lowering that detail improved gameplay?

The next thing I would ask you, is how long have you been playing the game? Is this a new problem after hours of gameplay? Have you modified the Skrim INI files? Or have you installed any game modification files lately?

Also, what computer operating system are you using? Are all other programs on your computer closed, while playing the game?