PDA

View Full Version : Deus ex HR vs. Skyrim ~ which should I get?

arbiter0079
12-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Skyrim for $40 or deus ex for $10.

Thinking of buying one or the other, skyrim looks really appealing but Deus ex is so cheap... Opinions please.

dune297
12-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Skyrim will get you more bang for your buck... plus the mod support. Both are great games though.

Caliente
12-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Hard choice.
If you want a solid action /stealth game, go for Deus Ex.
If you want freedom and just throw yourself into another world, Skyrim.

stinkytaco
skyrim, Deus Ex 3 is a waste of money , and the end of a neat franchise I am afraid. It is too bad people are able to make games with names of old games and have very little to nothing to do with the original series.

New players might like it, but a seasoned Deus Ex players and Modders are going to be really disappointed.

Hack Scudder
2 totally different games. If you want a fairly linear, but heavily story driven game, go for Deus Ex. If you want a huge world where you can do pretty much whatever you want, but don't care as much about the story, then Skyrim is the game for you.

I like them both, but Skyrim gave me ~200 hours of gameplay so far, whereas Deus Ex gave me about 60 hours in 2 full playthroughs.

EcstaticArthur
12-25-2011, 01:05 PM
skyrim, Deus Ex 3 is a waste of money , and the end of a neat franchise I am afraid. It is too bad people are able to make games with names of old games and have very little to nothing to do with the original series.

New players might like it, but a seasoned Deus Ex players and Modders are going to be really disappointed.

What are you going on about? The majority of the Deus Ex fanbase loved HR. It has it's flaws, but the game stays true to the franchise, and delivers.

destur5
12-25-2011, 01:36 PM
What are you going on about? The majority of the Deus Ex fanbase loved HR. It has it's flaws, but the game stays true to the franchise, and delivers.

It succeeded what almost no other game could, it stood true to it's origins.
in short Deus ex for story filled with conspiracy, treachery in the realistic future.
Skyrim for a world filled with quests, people and dungeons.

KubanitoS
12-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Hard choice.
If you want a solid action /stealth game, go for Deus Ex.
If you want freedom and just throw yourself into another world, Skyrim.

Basically this. In my opinion if you have $40 for Skyrim, you will have $50 for both games. Both of these are pretty good.

I have played the original Deus Ex and I can understand what you feel if we compare the two games. Part of me agrees, because Human Revolution is not as good as the first game was.

This is a completely new game however, it is not Deus Ex 3, it is called HR, without any numbers. Basically a new episode in the Deus Ex universe. I have played it through and I can honestly say it is a pretty good game. Just don't compare it to the first game, it has nothing to do with it.

Vitis Vinifera
12-25-2011, 01:38 PM
this is a case where I'd be sure I got both. DE:HR was going to be my GOTY, until Skyrim came. Both really are worth your purchase.

ShaggyDK
12-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Buy both!

LINK (http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Revolution-Standard-Download/dp/B005HRZ29K/ref=sr_1_1_title_0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1324849201&sr=1-1)Deus Ex is 10 dollars over at Amazon right now. It's a steamworks game. You will get a code that you can activate on steam.

However, if you haven't played any of the old Deus Ex's I'd try them first.. Other than that good deal.