PDA

View Full Version : Low FPS when looking at objects

FreeFall24
12-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Barrels, a broom, a light source, fireplace, logs, trees, and smoke all seem to hinder my frames to a snails pace. Oh, and so do dead bodies.

Went from pirated to retail thinking the reason to my poor frames was just me being cheap. I feel I wasted $40.

i5-2500k
ASUS 6970
8GB Kingston HyperX

All drivers up to date & CCC 11.12.

There are certain mods and such that are supposed to offer a good amount of frames back. I also know that this also leaves many scripted events left out? I do not wish to break this game, as if it weren't already broken.

Game is updated. Is this just from the patch? Does AMD need to do something on their end? Does the game just suck and I wasted money?

I doubt It's due to me not being able to run this game on Ultra. Both Metro 2033 (Poorly optimized game)and BF3 run 40+ at Ultra settings.

What did Bethesda screw up this time?

Huh... well this is interesting! I decided to put fraps on. My frames, no matter where I am are always at 60. But when looking at objects, dead bodies and whatever else I can see it get very choppy. Is this Vsync issue? I'm wondering myself.

Yeah, I know... excuse my noobiness atm. I just got back into PC gaming from PS3 so bare with me.

FreeFall24
12-25-2011, 08:08 PM
As I expected it has nothing to do with my frames at all. When looking at various objects or looking at the ground it gets very sluggish and choppy. Frames stay at 60?

I;ve done tweaks to the .ini and downloaded a few performance mods, and still runs like crap. Tried my PS3 controller... same deal. It's playable, but not very enjoyable.

Xinra
12-25-2011, 08:28 PM
If you're using Microsoft Windows, did you run MSCONFIG to turn off background programs, that are using up your system resources?

Have you tried the TESV-AL (http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1322128-tesv-acceleration-layer-offers-massive-possible-performance-increases-now-in-skse-plugin-format-thread-2/) suggestion listed on the official forums that will boost your FPS by 40% to 60%?

FreeFall24
12-26-2011, 01:25 PM
It isn't actually my frames that do this.

Outside I'm 100% fine. Inside when looking at objects, barrels, light source, a bed, a basket, broom, dead bodies, chairs, fruit, weapons... anything! It just goes all choppy and stutters while having 60 frames.

When I record using fraps to capture it just stops, and everything is smooth. It does obviously drop my frames as you'd expect. What is going on with this game?

I've set bMouseAcceleration to 0 as well as iPresentInterval to 0. Still get this odd mouse-like lag and stutter performance.

I've also downloaded that TESV-AL and gained about 7 - 9 frames when looking at towns from a distance. That didn't fix this odd stutter when looking at objects when inside.

Carnage009
12-26-2011, 01:28 PM
It isn't actually my frames that do this.

Outside I'm 100% fine. Inside when looking at objects, barrels, light source, a bed, a basket, broom, dead bodies, chairs, fruit, weapons... anything! It just goes all choppy and stutters while having 60 frames.

When I record using fraps to capture it just stops, and everything is smooth. It does obviously drop my frames as you'd expect. What is going on with this game?

is it happening in 1st and 3rd person?

FreeFall24
12-26-2011, 01:31 PM
is it happening in 1st and 3rd person?

In both, yes. More so in first person.

I want to try and at least enjoy this game. No one seems to be playing BF3 at the moment cause of SWTOR and i REFUSE! To pay to play. Not wasting money on some MMO.

_Budweiser_
12-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Are you using an onboard sound-chip or a dedicated sound card?

FreeFall24
12-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Onboard.

FreeFall24
12-26-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm trying to dig through and find a fix. I really don't want $40 to go to waste on a trash game, which this is turning out to be.

I downloaded the FPS Limiter which seems to fix my stutter-mouse lag when looking at various objects. Downside is now I have MASSIVE screen tear like a mofo. FPS limit is 60 and now my iCCC-ENB is rendered useless.

-Removed Pre-Sharpen.
-Reduced Technicolor.
-Reduced Saturation.
-Reduced Sharpen (feraturing high and low sharpen versions).
-More natural colors, not too overdone, not too mild.
-Subtle vignette effect (there is an optional non-vignette version).

This overall makes the game look better along with better shadows, improved water, etc.. The game does not impress me at all... Looks like crap actually.

Not trying to be negative, the game is better then Oblivion, and I hated Oblivion. I now understand why so many PC users are fed up with consoles and developers going half-♥♥♥ with PC games.