PDA

View Full Version : Inability to Enter Descent

AugustGrand120
12-26-2011, 05:12 AM
Why can't I enter the Descent in Bit.Trip.Beat?

MonkeySeeker
12-26-2011, 07:01 AM
If I remember right, you have to beat Transition first

Rockford
12-27-2011, 07:18 AM
If I remember right, you have to beat Transition first

True, and that shouldn't be a problem at all.

clarkeyboy
12-31-2011, 10:31 AM
You have to beat the first level, however the achievement doesn't seem to trigger at all anyways, so don't waste your time right now.

Shanghaij13
12-31-2011, 10:33 AM
You have to beat the first level, however the achievement doesn't seem to trigger at all anyways, so don't waste your time right now.

I got the achievement. You get the bell chime after you get past the first two blue swirly things (precise naming). It's about a minute or so into Descent. Doesn't take long.

DrRiceBowl
12-31-2011, 10:33 AM
the Christmas achievement? I just got it

hmm i thought you had to fill the mega bar, but eh I don't know

Rockford
12-31-2011, 10:43 AM
When I got the achievement, I didn't even know it existed. I just played Descent until a certain point, then it popped up. I don't know what exactly it was that triggered it, but I hadn't made a mistake yet.

Alters
12-31-2011, 10:52 AM
How do you 'beat' the first level? It seems like I'm not making any progress when playing and I can't exactly tell what my goal is. Is it to keep filling up the bar on the top or is it to finish some predetermined song?

BehindTimes
12-31-2011, 11:03 AM
To beat the level, you baically need to just survive. There are several sections to a level, and you'll know you've transitioned when ou see the rainbow blocks.

kn00tcn
12-31-2011, 11:05 AM
you need to finish without dying, there are multiple levels of 'life' where the better you're doing, the more complicated the screen effects are (top bar)

the more blocks that go past you, the more the bottom bar fills up & if you lose on the lowest stage of life (black & white, very basic music), you die

Roler42
12-31-2011, 11:10 AM
out of curiosity... how long are the levels? i just installed this game and i'm curious to play it

BehindTimes
12-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Probably about 8-10 minutes per level.

Shelton
12-31-2011, 11:42 AM
out of curiosity... how long are the levels? i just installed this game and i'm curious to play it

Assuming you're in your youth now, you'll probably resemble Gandalf the Grey by the time you are done with one level.

d37r17u5
12-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Assuming you're in your youth now, you'll probably resemble Gandalf the Grey by the time you are done with one level.

I wish I were still in my youth, my eyes and reaction time are no longer up to snuff for games like these. LOL :)

Time to work on my hand-eye coordination some more...

Zulu Smasher
12-31-2011, 11:53 AM
jesus the first level never ends its so boring.

mgsfan18
12-31-2011, 12:30 PM
I think a level is around 15 minutes, Also the achievement is to fill your bar up to multi.

anandus
12-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Is there a savegame somewhere? I can't seem to get past the first level :(
(I either die in the game or die of boredom in real life :p )

GrieverXVII
12-31-2011, 01:20 PM

i know...♥♥♥♥ is rage inducing.

np6s4x
12-31-2011, 01:43 PM
you may or may not of already done this, but rather then just playing it on normal settings go into the options menu and change the difficulty to easy, it'll probably still take a few tries to get though it if you don't know the pattern yet, but it'll be quite a bit easier this way

urbanriot
12-31-2011, 04:27 PM
I got the achievement. You get the bell chime after you get past the first two blue swirly things (precise naming). It's about a minute or so into Descent. Doesn't take long.

^ What he said. Since I previously owned the game and had unlocked decent, I was surprised how easily I obtained this achievement.

I'm thankful it's not like some of the more ridiculously difficult achievements to be found in other participating games.

.bugg.
12-31-2011, 07:42 PM
For all of you having trouble on the first level. Turn up mouse sensitivity a couple notches. I have had this game since the potato sack, and that finally did the trick for me.

Kaine
12-31-2011, 08:16 PM
you may or may not of already done this, but rather then just playing it on normal settings go into the options menu and change the difficulty to easy, it'll probably still take a few tries to get though it if you don't know the pattern yet, but it'll be quite a bit easier this way

I unlocked descent by using Easy mode on the first level (just like mentioned above). I kept playing into Descent while still on easy, but i got "game over". Then i went on to playing on "normal". Once i got "game over" there too, i checked my achievements out of frustration, and there it was! I had gotten it without having noticed:p Dunno if it was on "easy" or "normal" tho.

SuicideRUN
12-31-2011, 10:47 PM

My thoughts exactly.

urbanriot
12-31-2011, 11:07 PM
It probably helps to have lived through the short lived pong fad in the late 70's and have an enjoyment for electronic music, as the ping ponging beats are a good time.

MystMan
12-31-2011, 11:41 PM
You'll know you have reached the end of Transition once you reach its boss. A huge yellow block which throws pieces of itself at you in varying patterns.
If you're doing this just for the achievement, (you are, since you're reading this) put it on easy in options. I didn't make it to the boss on normal, I swear it took forever till I got mentally tired and died from too many mistakes.
On easy it didn't feel as long and I made it to the boss. If you had the fortitude to reach the boss, you are skilled enough to beat him.

In Descent I got the ach by reaching the max level on the top bar.

But yeah, the game is boring and repetitive. There is no diversity. The screen looks the same all the time. (the backgrounds are often more of a hazard obstructing my view than aesthetic) Some power-ups or stuff like that would've been nice to give the game more depth (like Arkanoid for example).

Jomskylark
01-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Newbie here. Transition took me about 13 minutes to complete, and I never entered black and white area. It is rather repetitive up until the end when the boss comes out. Then it's quite engrossing!

Descent is a lot more difficult, I had some close calls. But also more fun! It took me 15 minutes to complete, but I went into black and white multiple times, so you can perhaps do it in less time. I didn't actually know when I got the achievement, as I was listening for a Christmas-related sound (there isn't one).

Note: Both were done on Easy.

Stexred
01-01-2012, 01:42 AM
i also did it on easy was much easier then on normal :)

SuicideRUN
01-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Worst game ever.

Ankle_biter
01-01-2012, 06:05 AM
This game is an epileptics nightmare.

SodiumBenzoate
01-01-2012, 08:39 AM
This game is an epileptics nightmare.

Go play Beat Hazard on 150% visuals sometime...
That will give you epilepsy.

Mave.ts
01-01-2012, 10:13 AM
The Transition-level-1-whatever is so damn long and boring.. makes me sleepy. >_>

mgsfan18
01-01-2012, 11:07 AM

I hear that!

np6s4x
01-01-2012, 01:18 PM
^ What he said. Since I previously owned the game and had unlocked decent, I was surprised how easily I obtained this achievement.

I'm thankful it's not like some of the more ridiculously difficult achievements to be found in other participating games.

yea this one is easy compared to the one that needed to done for the potato sack

and think this is hard? try finishing growth :p

NalgasDLemur
01-01-2012, 03:15 PM

I am epileptic...and partially color blind, which makes it extra fun trying to tell what the heck is going on in that game. My controller is also broken, so I had to play it with a keyboard and mouse, which I'd never done before. Getting the achievement a few days ago was a good time. It surprisingly only took me two tries though.