PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to avoid using lockpicks?

Donners
12-26-2011, 04:08 PM
I would like to save my lockpicks for chests, but the game seems to use them automatically for doors.

Surely I don't have to drop them every time I get to a door?

I can't see any keyboard shortcut to allow me to bash them rather than use the lockpick, but I could be missing it.

Jiktori
12-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Keep them on your quick bar, click on them but don't drop them, use movement keys to open the door, then place them back on the quick bar - slightly quicker and you don't have to use a turn picking them back up. Yeah, it could be simpler. At least (in my experience) lockpicks are more common since 1.08.

JinseiZetsumei
12-26-2011, 10:52 PM
You could also pick burglary as a skill and get its seconds ability which allows you to spawn 3 lock picks in your inventory every 44 turns. ( I was corrected.)

KimuraOkagawa
12-26-2011, 11:21 PM
You could also pick burglary as a skill and get its seconds ability which allows you to spawn 3 lock picks in your inventory every... I think 25 turns.

Yeah, I would've missed a lot of treasure from chest-bashing without the Lucky Pick ability. Oh, and it can theoretically be used for Infinite Lutefisk, if you do use it every 44 (not 25) turns and put them in the Lutefisk Cube.

Donners
12-27-2011, 12:44 AM
Ah, some good ideas. Thank you. :)