PDA

View Full Version : Favoriting?

Ropeburn
12-26-2011, 09:02 PM
I was curious what this was? I have it set to a button but it doesn't really seem to do anything. Can I get some help here?

GrandpaPantz
12-26-2011, 09:26 PM
When you are in your inventory or magic screen you can hold down whatever key you have set to FOV and it will "favorite" an item or spell. Then, outside of any menu, you can press the favorites key and it will pause the game and bring up a quick menu wit all the things you favorited. Further, while highlighting anything in the favorites menu you can press a number key (1-9) and it will bind that item to that number key allowing you to quickly select things without going into a menu. Although, as discussed (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2355720) its not the smoothest system. The favorites menu is invaluable though. Try not to put too many things in it though as it can become even more unrully than the main menu.

Ropeburn
12-28-2011, 07:36 AM
When you are in your inventory or magic screen you can hold down whatever key you have set to FOV and it will "favorite" an item or spell.

You confused me with this, what do you mean by FOV?

ogboot
12-28-2011, 07:40 AM
By default it's "F", it changes your FOV from 3rd Person to 1st Person.

jpnole
12-28-2011, 07:44 AM
I was curious what this was? I have it set to a button but it doesn't really seem to do anything. Can I get some help here?

Google + "skyrim favorites" = your answer

Ropeburn
12-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Google + "skyrim favorites" = your answer

Then the problem I'm having is that when I try to favorite a weapon/spell in my inventory, it just equips it.

Fetch
12-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Then the problem I'm having is that when I try to favorite a weapon/spell in my inventory, it just equips it.

So many confusing answers here.

Assuming you haven't changed the key mappings:

E = Equip (Inventory Screen), Use (Game World)
F = Toggle Favorite (Inventory Screen), Toggle FOV (Game world)
Q = Open Favorites Menu

When in your inventory, press F to make something (weapon/spell/armor) a favorite (this is different than pressing E which equips the item). Once you press F to make it a favorite, the item will get a small arrow next to it in your inventory/spellbook to indicate you've set it as a favorite. Then, when you are bombing around in the game world, press the Q key and it will open a small menu of all the items you've enabled as a favorite.

From here you can either equip the item/spell (press E) or hotkey the item to a number on your keyboard. To hotkey, just highlight the item in your favorites menu and press a number key. Then when you're playing you can just press that number to equip that item or spell.

GrandpaPantz
12-28-2011, 06:47 PM
If keys arent funtioning as they indicate then you should reset your contols to the defaults and then test each key to see if the commands they are bound to work. If they do, then procede to rebind as you please but do it one key at a time and after each change go ito the game and test it. Also make a note of what the default key was because the UI might still refer to the.command by its default key even after its rebind.