PDA

View Full Version : Monster X advice???

King Crab
12-27-2011, 12:40 PM
So I wasn't using a walkthrough so I missed picking up some of the items. I don't have the bubbler and I'm up against Monster X. I'm not proud of it, but I've made well over one hundred attempts at this guy and I can't beat him. I might have missed some heart containers too. I now know the bubbler protects you from missles. Is it possible to beat him or should I start a new game?

Here's how the battles go. I can get to him at full health killing the enemies around him. I can take out the 4 pieces and still be at 80% health (I have 41 health total.) Then the missles come and kill me within seconds. I know the bubbler can help with this, but I don't have it. Advice? I've honestly spent hours just repeating this one boss.

footbigmike
12-27-2011, 02:15 PM
First thing to do when you get to the boss room is run through and kill all the Gaudis. The weapon you should be using is the Blade - level 1 or 2 is better - 3 is cool, but not actually that useful against bosses. The Blade is all you should use in this fight.

You should be aware of the pattern that Monster X does before he stops. The quicker you do it, the easier it is. Just jump over Monster X as it approaches you, and aim primarily for any fishmissiles that come your way. You will take damage, but just stop the Monster as soon as you can, and it should be manageable.

When Monster X stops, stand underneath it, jump upwards towards the damageable part (the four bits for the first part, and then its main body for the second), and just spam the Blade like crazy. You should be able to get about 250 damage in one round.

41 Health is pretty much the most you can have at that point - and the Bubbler isn't actually that useful. All of the important weapons in the game are mandatory anyway, so don't feel too bad about missing some things.

AgainstYT
12-27-2011, 03:02 PM
100 attempts? I admit I found Monster X to be one of the tougher bosses my first time through, but I'd have given up long before trying 100 times, or watched a YouTube video and try to emulate that strategy ;)

Anyway, best weapon to use on him is level 2 blade. It obliterates him. In the first stage avoid him while you wait for him to open, then when he does stand under him and spam attack the four green paws by shooting up. After the four paws are gone, keep avoiding him while he's rolling around and then SHOOT THE CORE with the blade when he opens, again standing under and shooting up. Try to avoid and pick off the the fish missiles while you wait for him to open. Not too hard since they move slowly and predictably. Switching to the machine gun (if you have it) might make them easier to hit, but make sure you switch back to the blade for attacking Monster X.

Here this video demonstrates nicely:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-XkuqJ1hiw

gh0stf00t
12-27-2011, 04:30 PM
level 2 blade. Don't get hit by his wheels. Kill all adds before you actually engage him. And just avoid his attacks in phase 2.

King Crab
12-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Thanks for all the advice. It took a lot of work for me to beat him but I got him down. The missiles are deadly, but eventually I got faster.

hawkshadow741
12-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Level 2 Blade and Level 3 Bubbler destroy him

the Bubbler's Bubbles deal damage as soon as they appear so it racks up VERY quickly due to the bosses weak spot being so large (Every time it opens up jump jump and use Sword or Bubbler repeatedly)

CatchingZs
12-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Blade lv 3 is great for hitting the multiple parts of the boss.

You should also defeat all the flying monsters lurking around the boss area to make the fight a bit easier (less things to dodge).