PDA

View Full Version : Was there An Update to Steam?

BaSeBallDuDeR
12-27-2011, 09:24 PM
I can now play games without the download stopping. The downloads seem to be prioritizing and downloading one at a time. Was there a recent update That I dont know about?

BritishViking
12-27-2011, 11:16 PM
I believe the download only stops if you play a multiplayer game, the prioritizing thing seems to happen when your download speed it spread to thinly, I'm just assuming both those things but its what I've guessed the downloading works like.

BaSeBallDuDeR
12-27-2011, 11:37 PM
I believe the download only stops if you play a multiplayer game, the prioritizing thing seems to happen when your download speed it spread to thinly, I'm just assuming both those things but its what I've guessed the downloading works like.

Well ive joined Multiplayer games and the download continues and doesn't pause, and the single downloading thingy is nice because it focuses all the downloading to one thing at a time which in turn downloads all your games fast. It does't have anything to do with my bandwidth or it being "thinly"

stinkytaco
12-27-2011, 11:48 PM
I noticed this too, THANKS VALVE!!

BaSeBallDuDeR
12-27-2011, 11:53 PM
I noticed this too, THANKS VALVE!!

I know ive been begging for these changes for a very long time and I know others have as well, If this isn't a glitch with me and other people are getting this then I guess this was a hidden update?

BaSeBallDuDeR
12-28-2011, 12:06 AM
I also noticed when downloading 2 things while playing a game it Suspends one and Downloads only one when exiting that game it continues both and equals out the download speeds for both games being downloaded

stinkytaco
12-28-2011, 12:17 AM
I also noticed when downloading 2 things while playing a game it Suspends one and Downloads only one when exiting that game it continues both and equals out the download speeds for both games being downloaded

Try changing your host location to somewhere else near you. I think this is because of server load, because it only seems to do it to me when I am getting a daily special game, or a newly released HUGE game.

BaSeBallDuDeR
12-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Did anyone else notice that there is no Defrag button anymore in the games properties?

Epsilon
12-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Did anyone else notice that there is no Defrag button anymore in the games properties? That means that game uses the new content system. Looks like it is noticeably better, then!

BaSeBallDuDeR
12-28-2011, 02:05 PM
That means that game uses the new content system. Looks like it is noticeably better, then!

Im totally loving it!! This is how games should be downloaded and delivered. Its great!! Does anyone know how many games are on the new system?