PDA

View Full Version : One Hand weapon does less damage after patch?

Deathwalker
12-28-2011, 05:28 AM
Hey guys,

I'm slightly confused at the moment. I'm sure that my one hand legendary daedra sword did around ~92 damage before the patch (I got one hand skilltree on 100 and smithing, too)

As I just logged in now after a break over christmas I experienced that my one hand sword does only 66 damage now. :eek:

Did or does anyone experience something similar or knows more why this happened? I mean - from ~92 to 66 is a huge step and I'm a bit frustrated right now.

Thanks a lot for your help and comments.

Deathwalker
12-28-2011, 07:01 AM
is it possible that it's because I skilled at the one handed skill tree the skills that improve my fighting with 2x onehanded? :confused:

SiMoNiZoR
12-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Check you skill tree to make sure something isn't taking down your one hand skill (the number would be in red instead of white). This can happen from diseases or there's also a glitch that makes it happen. If you're glitched, you can use console commands to correct it.

DanielCoffey
12-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Are you Diseased?

Deathwalker
12-28-2011, 07:25 AM
No, there's no disease on me :(. I also wear all the stuff I usually do ...

stenjamesfar
12-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Did you have any enchanted accessories or armor that increased the percent damage that one-handed attacks do? If so try removing those items and re-equipping them. I know that sometimes it glitches on me after I load a game. Also if you have the perk that increases damage from dual-wielding remove both weapons and re-equip them. That's the most common issue I have.

Deathwalker
12-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Just discovered smth funny. I had a necklace with +30% one hand damage in my inventory. Even as I had not equipped it (I'm usually wearing that necklace that gives +30 hp/mana/stamina), it must have given me that boost before the patch.

Because if I wear it now, I'm at my old damage again. Interesting to know.