PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

monkey9000
12-28-2011, 06:26 AM
love the game so far but i have a few questions;

what happens if you don't take care of your 'needs' ??
i know if you don't sleep you eventually conk out but what if you don't eat, drink, go pee, etc. ?

what is the purpose of money? i know you can bribe guards but apart from that is it just a way to determine the top player? also what is the point of buying clothes if you can just find them in closets, etc?

if you change clothes will this hide you from your 'hunter'? i change my appearance occasionally but i'm not sure it has an effect.

also is there a useful faq or manual for this game? i have the basic mechanics down but would just like to learn more thx

evilsooty999
12-28-2011, 06:34 AM
I have died due to not eating or drinking. Not sure about the rest.

tf2trade
12-28-2011, 06:47 AM
love the game so far but i have a few questions;

what happens if you don't take care of your 'needs' ??
i know if you don't sleep you eventually conk out but what if you don't eat, drink, go pee, etc. ?

what is the purpose of money? i know you can bribe guards but apart from that is it just a way to determine the top player? also what is the point of buying clothes if you can just find them in closets, etc?

if you change clothes will this hide you from your 'hunter'? i change my appearance occasionally but i'm not sure it has an effect.

also is there a useful faq or manual for this game? i have the basic mechanics down but would just like to learn more thx

Needs: if you don't attend to needs there will be consequences. If you don't sleep, you can doze off in the middle of doing something, your screen will go black, and you will be vulnerable. You can take care of this need by sleeping in a bed or chair or taking sleeping pills from the sickbay (note however that when you take sleeping pills, your sleep meter will actually go up a good chunk before it goes down beyond what it started at. Not sure why they call them sleep pills. They really should be stay-awake pills) If you don't wash or bathe yourself, you get dirty and flies will surround you, making a loud sound that exposes your whereabouts. If you don't drink or eat, you die of thirst or starvation. If you don't pee or poop, you'll pause to cr*p or poo your pants, leaving you vulnerable. To prevent yourself from peeing or pooping at bad times, you could get a colostomy bag or catheter from the sickbay and you can poop or pee on the go. Peeing or pooping yourself will also make you "dirty" and you can have the flies mentioned above surrounding you, and again, you will give away visual and sound cues to others. You can clean yourself by taking a shower, using the faucets, or taking a bath.

The purpose of money is to buy food and drink to attend to your needs, to buy clothing and weapons (you can buy weapons on certain levels, for example, a sporting goods store where you can buy a croquet mallet) and to bribe guards. You can also deposit money into your bank, which is your score. Keep enough money on you to attend to your needs, but not so much that people can pick up the money you drop should you die.

You can buy clothes because you know where they will be in specific areas. The clothes in cabins are generated randomly and you never know if you'll find a room full of no clothes or all women's clothing (you can't wear women's clothing if you're a man). Wandering through several rooms looking for clothes that work can leave you exposed, but sometimes if you don't have a lot of money, it's all you can really do. You can also take clothes off of dead bodies.

Changing your clothes is helpful for a couple reasons. Visually, it will change your appearance to human players. But more importantly, it will blank out what you look like to your hunter in the HUD (the circle in the bottom right) until they see you and talk to you again so they know who you are (you talk by going up to a person and left clicking them on and the question mark turns to their name).

If anyone reading this found this helpful, please consider clicking the little icon under my name to leave me a rep.