PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen WTF

RandomSanity
12-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Okay I bought this game and fired it up.. did the tutorial.. ok this seems kind of cool then it crashed.

Started back up and started over, chose to skip the tutorial.. black screen with music.. no buttons do anything. If I shift + tab the game menu comes up but when I try to resume it's just black again?

Tutorial works fine but any other mission or area I try to start is just black screen.. sometimes I have sound effects sometimes I dont.

Sysgen
12-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Same here. Tutorial crashed 2X. Sent you a bug dmp. Skipping tutorial and now a black screen.

GeneralAwesome
12-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Same here. Tutorial crashed 2X. Sent you a bug dmp. Skipping tutorial and now a black screen.

YUP. didnt even buy it for the achievement, i bought it because it looked generally awesome. :/

ericL
12-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Same issue. Black Screen.

Sysgen
12-29-2011, 12:56 PM
OK Did the Verify Integrity of Game Cache thingy and now it's working.

Edit: Will play the tutorial again to see if that crashes again.

Edit2: Tutorial now ends properly.

Just an additional note. Concerning the hints between screens, I'm not a speed reader. Perhaps a 'press a key to continue' is in order.

WXPDarren
12-29-2011, 01:35 PM
OK Did the Verify Integrity of Game Cache thingy and now it's working.

Edit: Will play the tutorial again to see if that crashes again.

Edit2: Tutorial now ends properly.

Just an additional note. Concerning the hints between screens, I'm not a speed reader. Perhaps a 'press a key to continue' is in order.

Glad to hear it was the cache integrity and not something more sinister :)

As far as the loading screen tips go, in general, level loads are long enough to read them. We added a new tutorial in an update, and those levels are so tiny that they load almost instantly. Maybe we'll look into not displaying them on the tutorial loads if there's another patch. Or we'll give coupons for speed reading classes.

Caladell
12-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Tried the demo, and once out of the 'Tron' tutorial, it loaded fine into the final 'real' level of the tutorial. Thought the game was great, so just purchased it. Now with the full version, I'm running into the black screen thing too. It's black after you do all the 'Tron' parts of the tutorial. Can press enter, but that brings you to the leaderboards, and the tutorial is not completed. I tried going back in to the tutorial, and chose the brain one, but the first brain never appeared, so couldn't advance. Anyway, I'm doing the integrity check now. Hopefully it'll be fine.

Aside from the issues, cool game :)

Caladell
12-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Ok, verifying fixed whatever was going on. Although it didn't download anything new. Odd. It did do the first time startup again, and installed Microsoft VC.
One more issue I noticed. In the beginning of the tutorial, mouse movement isn't as fast as when you get into the final tutorial level.

Sysgen
12-29-2011, 03:53 PM
level loads are long enough to read them

They're not. Don't make me make a video. I have an I7-920/6970 for the record, both stock.

WXPDarren
12-29-2011, 04:08 PM
They're not. Don't make me make a video. I have an I7-920/6970 for the record, both stock.

Well, I guess our loading code is better than I thought ;) No need for the video. We'll see if there's anything we can do to make the loading tips more readable on quick loading levels.