PDA

View Full Version : is it worth it? how is multiplayer?

thesidman666
12-31-2011, 01:50 PM
I landed up skipping this game many years ago..at the time it didnt appeal to me but looking back now and seeing the gameplay vids this game looks awesome!(love the full first person view).

I was wondering 2 things though, Is the multiplayer still alive? and is there CO OP? thanks

StrangeShoe
12-31-2011, 07:12 PM
well, i havent played this game in ages, but i did buy it for 50 bucks when it was new, and it was definetly worth it, the gameplay is great, the best (first person view) action rpg out there. the combat is so much fun, much better than skyrim.

I dont think this game is being played online, i remember the multiplayer not being very fun. And no there is no co-op. But trust me, the single player is well worth the 2.50 bucks. And i dont even think you are going to complete it once, i completed this game as every class possible. It plays so much differently each class.

Acheron
01-01-2012, 04:10 AM
The multiplayer is dead, being in Australia it was dead years ago so i never really got to experience it. I've played through the singleplayer several times though, and it still has the best first person melee combat in any game i've played. Absolutely worth the price.

Pumpkin_Masher
01-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Singleplayer is awesome and doesn't get the attention it deserves. Great Game.

Multiplayer was bad even before it was dead.

Metal_Izanagi
01-01-2012, 04:51 PM
This game has amazing combat, and YES it is worth it for that alone, considering that's the entirety of the game, pretty much. There's no cute little sidequests where you play tag with a kid, or tell a scumbag to leave a widow shopkeep alone, or go slay dragons on your free time. You get your objectives done, get skillpoints for completing them, and get stronger, while fighting more and more enemies. It's basically TES without the giant amounts of fluff, and it does a good job at being that. Admittedly, the level designer could have done a better job at not placing spikes and fires all over the place to kick people into, but hey, it's fun. Doesn't get much simpler than that. YMMV, but imo, this game was more than worth the five bucks I paid for it and the HOMM V games.

eduard93
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Multyplayer is half-dead. You can find servers to play but there are few. One or two may be found anytime. With people who played this game for years (hint). I recommend this game for the singleplayer and gameplay overall. It's really great. While the story is as straight as it can ever get, walkthrough as 3 main classes: warrior, mage and thief gives you 3 completly different genres: kill'em all, kill'em all WITH FIRE and kill'em all from the shadows. Oh, if you want more you may also be an archer and kill'em all from the distanse:the camper's way. Honestly, it's a great game. Buy it.

RJ_Firefly
01-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I've played it through 3 or 4 times with different builds, it's great fun. Story is meh, but graphics are nice and I love the campy voice acting. Will probably do it again when I get tired of Skyrim.

Flozem
01-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Very much worth it - hack'n slash within the source engine. I love the story... even if you can see it coming...

Eek!
01-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Definitely under-appreciated. It's true there's bugs ahoy, the story is crappy (and the voice work is fun but jarring) but the actual core gameplay is great and the combat is first class.

Shade_Koopa
01-15-2012, 01:08 AM
So you get this game for the single player not the multiplayer. Is the multiplayer really that bad? If it just single player then it's not worth it.

tomhrxbfg
01-15-2012, 11:32 AM
So you get this game for the single player not the multiplayer. Is the multiplayer really that bad? If it just single player then it's not worth it.

Multiplayer isn't that bad it's just not many people play this.

ericL
02-04-2012, 10:43 PM
have not tried the mp, the sp is pretty good.

Triptrippen
02-18-2012, 05:01 AM
This was the MP game before Mount&Blade,darkfall etc. SP is great too.

esselocco
03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
i'm still on SP, but looking forward to hack and slash in MP :D

pseudo70
03-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Every potential buyer should know that this games has major issues related to stability and performance. This game will freeze and lag on a wide range of PC hardware platforms. Not every one has found a solution for this problems.

Apart from that, this game is one of the best games I ever played. It's Diablo in 3D. Still worth at full price.