PDA

View Full Version : On Majesty 2 on steam, does it still have the extra DLC, without a middleman program?

Khranos
01-01-2012, 07:15 AM
I already own the game Majesty 2, but I bought before I was really into Steam. I've loved the game in every way, except for the way to buy the new spells and weapon tiers (And the very empty multiplayer, but that's off topic). You need to go through another website, and use cash on their site to buy it. If you can buy these extra things though your steam wallet, I'm going to re-buy the game on steam just for it. Any help would be appreciated, and as soon as possible!

icharus5558
01-01-2012, 09:01 AM
If you buy the majesty 2 collection, it comes with ALL the dlc, so no need to buy anything extra sans this http://store.steampowered.com/app/73020/

Only $8, but deal only lasts today. Good deal. Get it!

Khranos
01-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Well, I mean on the version I have, I have the ability to download tier 4 weapons, new missions, and new spells. I'm just wondering if those are still available on steam.

EDIT - I'm going to get it anyways, just because the expansion packs on the other version I have cost more than the entire game WITH the expansion packs on steam, even when it's not on sale!

icharus5558
01-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Getting the majesty 2 collection also gets you all of the DLC, T4 stuff, the ice mages, ect.

EVERYTHING

Khranos
01-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Oh, ok. I just figured you meant only what the regular DLC includes. Thanks!

graspee
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm glad I didn't know about Majesty 2 when it was a new release because it sounds like their system of DLC would have turned me right off the game.

I absolutely LOATH DLC. The more it is not just cosmetic, the more I hate it, and the smaller it is, the more I hate it. Micro transactions for spells or structures or weapons rubs me up the wrong way something terrible. It's why I never got starcraft 2 despite loving the first one so much.

It's ok for me with majesty 2 now though. I got to pay one price and get everything. I shouldn't have to wait years to do this though (or to do this at an acceptable price level).

Bague
03-15-2012, 03:39 AM
starcraft doesnt even have any DLC oO

graspee
03-15-2012, 04:06 AM
starcraft doesnt even have any DLC oO

I thought they sold extra units online and you only got terran campaign with the box and had to buy the other races?

Wow, I could have been missing out on starcraft 2 all these years...

Cimlite
03-15-2012, 04:19 AM
I thought they sold extra units online and you only got terran campaign with the box and had to buy the other races?

No, it works exactly the same as it did with the first StarCraft.

Right now there's no DLC or expansions for the game at all. There is coming two expansions though, which will add a new campaign and some multiplayer units. Just like the original Brood Wars expansion did for the first one.

Though it's true that you only get the Terran campaign with the game... that's not to say it's not a full game. That campaign alone is pretty much equal to (if not more) than the content of the original game despite only being the Terran campaign.

As for Majesty 2, I do agree with you though. I just bought the game and clicked the "DLC" button in the main menu. There's a ridicules amount of DLC for this game. Acceptable for a collection but there's no way I would have bought all that separately.

Chronon
03-15-2012, 04:37 AM
EDIT: Got distracted by something else and Cimlite ended up being first =P

No idea what you're talking about. The game is only 1,5 years old...

Now, since you said "all these years" maybe you mean StarCraft (1). But I still don't get you because that kind of "milking" marketing strategy didn't really exist back in 1998 when the game was released.