PDA

View Full Version : New Sakari Indie Game : Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre (with multiplayer) !!!!!

christianx4
01-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Hello, there is a new Sakarie indie game in developement : "Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre"

I'm french, so I can misunderstand, but there will be multiplayer ! (sure for a local multiplayer)
There are more info here : http://sakari-indie.com/news/foreign_legion_multi_massacre/ and you can help the project here : http://www.rockethub.com/projects/4791-foreign-legion-multi-massacre

Mushe
02-09-2012, 11:32 PM
I think the game will be ready in a few days, the game is registered in Steam: http://marlamin.com/cdr/view.php?type=sub&id=13473

GuyStar
05-17-2012, 06:16 PM
What the hell? :(

Multi Massacre only raised 235$ out of 10000 D:

WauWsy
06-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Thats because there is nothing been done on the game for more then a year.. Why put money then in there?

Major Isoor
06-07-2012, 02:59 AM
That couldn't be more untrue - I've actually just been playing the beta release of the game ;) Looking good!

Saijin_Naib
06-07-2012, 10:37 AM
That couldn't be more untrue - I've actually just been playing the beta release of the game ;) Looking good!
We've much feedback to give them. It has potential, and I've had a fair bit of fun yet, but its nowhere near ready IMO.

oscilloscopa
07-05-2012, 05:13 PM
i got an email from the devs, that the game will be released this friday/today

soon_xx
07-07-2012, 05:34 AM
i got an email from the devs, that the game will be released this friday/today

lets hope so ))

goku_ssj_uk
07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Now on Steam!

parazitu91
07-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Is not rite to charge a full price for those who have the original GAME!!!!!!

PurSpyk!!
07-09-2012, 10:43 AM
3 maps, will more be added??

{Yotsuba}
07-09-2012, 11:00 AM
The devs might want to get the store page corrected as it's advertising single player when apparently there isn't any.

deathcapt
07-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Is this like dino beat-down, where it's like 1 title, that keeps releasing various builds in order to continue to fund development?

I'm reading comments as recent as this week, saying it's still in Beta. Is this game actually finished, or is it like pay now so we can finish the game?

soon_xx
07-09-2012, 11:24 AM
lets play a bit!!

i buy it now.

SPAMCraft1
07-09-2012, 11:54 AM
What the heck is up with the ESRB rating? Is that a freaking joke?

Cartoon Violence
Animated Blood
Blood
Crude Humor
Shooting Cute Animals
Nudity

goku_ssj_uk
07-09-2012, 12:19 PM
What the heck is up with the ESRB rating? Is that a freaking joke?

Cartoon Violence
Animated Blood
Blood
Crude Humor
Shooting Cute Animals
Nudity

And since the game is 18+ we added some pictures with female flesh.. Wooooooh! good there is so much gore to hide it.

From store page.

soon_xx
07-09-2012, 01:06 PM
a "change crosshair option" would be nice

hunter.gatherer
07-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Shooting Cute Animals
Nudity
An option to shoot at cute nudes should be created and I will be buying a four-pack immediately in support of this feature to be added in the future. Thank you Pepijn, I know you will come through :D

Saijin_Naib
07-09-2012, 05:21 PM
An option to shoot at cute nudes should be created and I will be buying a four-pack immediately in support of this feature to be added in the future. Thank you Pepijn, I know you will come through :D
Haha, I don't know if that kind of thing can be marketed on steam :P

Crunchy Spider
07-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Since this is just a multi-player patch over original maps, when do owners of the original game get our free copy?

SerFox
07-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Is not rite to charge a full price for those who have the original GAME!!!!!!

I sort of agree. I feel rather abandoned as an early adopter. Back in the day, there were promises of more content, multiplayer and goodness knows what, none of it really came to fruition..

Rellik_pt
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
i dont own the original copy but the new one is just terrible. random freezes, bad hitboxes detection, only 3 maps...

Saijin_Naib
07-09-2012, 08:41 PM
i dont own the original copy but the new one is just terrible. random freezes, bad hitboxes detection, only 3 maps...
Can you describe the freeze issue in further detail?

Toastypinecone
07-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I bought the game expecting to get what I paid for. However, it is a game I have high hopes for; I believe that it will eventually blossom into a more polished product.

BlackinBack
07-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Haha, I don't know if that kind of thing can be marketed on steam :P

You did put nudity in in the first place, why not push the envelope a little more by being able to shoot cute nude things? I DON'T mean animals (I'm not for animal abuse, you know. A guy who loves intense games DOES have to have his boundaries.):p

Cunin
07-12-2012, 09:30 AM
You did put nudity in in the first place, why not push the envelope a little more by being able to shoot cute nude things? I DON'T mean animals (I'm not for animal abuse, you know. A guy who loves intense games DOES have to have his boundaries.):p

He's not one of the developers, he's only a fan of the game which has been made forum moderator, and has a direct contact line with the devs.
Just to let you know :)

Askjosh
07-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Saijin_Naib has a red phone on his desk

and if you don't get that reference then you are too young to play this game :-)

BlackinBack
07-12-2012, 04:06 PM
He's not one of the developers, he's only a fan of the game which has been made forum moderator, and has a direct contact line with the devs.
Just to let you know :)

Thanks for that, I honestly had no idea! +rep

leebojammin
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
HM shooting cute animals..I don't get how I can be so different from most people , who play video games. Im from younger crowd, and maybe 'older' than my age would reveal which makes me a tad more mature (so im told), but even so , what is with the latest trend in gamers, to enjoy gorey, bloody, and now , ' shooting cute animals ' ?

I see with some, odd reguarlity on Diablo 3 forums ( and now steam), kids ? making commments like ' I want Jay's head on a spike', and now we want to shoot cute animals with dynamite strapped to their backs. OK o_0, check your meds this morning ? AH I get it now, hence the M rating of the game, which seems to attract a 'certain' kind of user maybe ....talk about messed up ( from every possible angle).

If you aren't someone who just came back from Iraq/name that war, and aren't quite yet over that possible blood bath you witnessed, then what is your excuse for liking to see such things in video games ?

Doesn't that bother anyone at all, that a game like this is allowed up on Steam , and that it further mocks violence against animals, as if its some cheesy punk game kids get their jollies off playing ?

If war is deemed necessary as a means to a end, yeah sure gotcha, but why the need to bring innocent animals into the mix, regardless that its just a video game ? When did we as a society make this crazy weird like disconnect for this ?

I realize cartoons have done similar things, though of course without the blood ( usually), but where is it written, that we have to add salt to the wound and continue to pile up wrongs in the name of profit ?

Wow like dudes, if jesus came back today ( insert your preference ) somehow I think many of us would need serious counseling and awakening to what really is the reason we exist.

Somehow I think its more about helping each other, rather than seeing how gorey we can make games, and how many innocent animals/people we can showcase blowing up, ahm, just cuz ? Does no one see how pathetically nasty that is ?

If you think such things are kewl, care to tell me why you do , as relates to what brought you to this point in your life ?

Don't bother with a punk answer btw, this is a serious topic and you will only make yourself look more pathetic and disconnected with any ounce of empathy, if you do. I have no idea why anyone would want to, but then far too many seem to have a massive disconnect on violence in games. Studies do prove , it is harmful btw. Just google it if you don't think so.

GIven some really stoopid comments ive seen about heads on a spike on diablo 3 forums, does anyone really doubt the harm games are having on our really weird conduct ?

chow
leebo

We've much feedback to give them. It has potential, and I've had a fair bit of fun yet, but its nowhere near ready IMO.

Saijin_Naib
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
You do get that this whole franchise is a satire, right? Like, satirizing violence and its prevalence?

leebojammin
07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Like, yeah I thought about that, but then, I went to your website, and I saw nothing about that, at all, so ahm, no I don't believe you.

Satire aside, aren't there better ways to make your point, than to further Exacerbate issues that society already is dealing with ?

And no, no matter how pretty of a bow you try to wrap your excuse in for this game, its still pathetically transparent, and ugly.

chow
leebo

You do get that this whole franchise is a satire, right? Like, satirizing violence and its prevalence?

Saijin_Naib
07-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Like, yeah I thought about that, but then, I went to your website, and I saw nothing about that, at all, so ahm, no I don't believe you.

Satire aside, aren't there better ways to make your point, than to further Exacerbate issues that society already is dealing with ?

And no, no matter how pretty of a bow you try to wrap your excuse in for this game, its still pathetically transparent, and ugly.

chow
leebo
It isn't my game. I'm a liaison for Pepijin and Jelle. I read the forums, collect data, and prioritize things to report to them. I test some of their fixes and help them tweak, and then, when I have news, I bring it here to post.

leebojammin
07-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Ok, fair enough. I never really assumed who you were, I just responded to your post.

chow
leebo

It isn't my game. I'm a liaison for Pepijin and Jelle. I read the forums, collect data, and prioritize things to report to them. I test some of their fixes and help them tweak, and then, when I have news, I bring it here to post.

ElfShotTheFood
07-12-2012, 10:20 PM
This game doesn't feature realistic violence; it's very cartoonish and shouldn't be taken seriously. Maybe you're the one with the problem, not the developers.

I like animals just as much as the next person, but at the same time I always laughed when Daffy Duck got shot in the face.

leebojammin
07-12-2012, 10:34 PM
THen you are part of the problem not me, and I feel very sorry for you. I saw the video for the game, and its plenty 'realistic'. Your statement is ridiciulous. Did it ever occur to you, why you laugh at such things , or why you play games where such things occur ? Forgiving for this conversation, the purposefullly comedic nature of the cartoon you mentioned, where is the comedy in this game I wonder ? Still, looking back at having watched daffy duck, I think its pathetic that as a society, we deemed that was just 'ok' . Makes me rather sick actually. Thank god one country has slightly stricter laws about such things, and that is Germany. But thats just my perspective coming from the viewpoint of caring a great deal about animals and how they are treated, given we have dominion over them, at least power wize ( though its an illusion of course).

I personally never liked that at all, and I still don't like violent, especially against animals, because well, I was raised with animals in my life, maybe you weren't.

So yeah, I love animals and how wonderful they make our lives, im a vegan and I love people too because in part we are empowered with protecting them as we are their voices.

I take that responsbiliity, fairly seriously ;)

I feel a tweet coming on ;0-0

chow
leebo

This game doesn't feature realistic violence; it's very cartoonish and shouldn't be taken seriously. Maybe you're the one with the problem, not the developers.

I like animals just as much as the next person, but at the same time I always laughed when Daffy Duck got shot in the face.

SpinnerMole
07-13-2012, 02:43 AM
THen you are part of the problem not me, and I feel very sorry for you. I saw the video for the game, and its plenty 'realistic'. Your statement is ridiciulous. Did it ever occur to you, why you laugh at such things , or why you play games where such things occur ? Forgiving for this conversation, the purposefullly comedic nature of the cartoon you mentioned, where is the comedy in this game I wonder ? Still, looking back at having watched daffy duck, I think its pathetic that as a society, we deemed that was just 'ok' . Makes me rather sick actually. Thank god one country has slightly stricter laws about such things, and that is Germany. But thats just my perspective coming from the viewpoint of caring a great deal about animals and how they are treated, given we have dominion over them, at least power wize ( though its an illusion of course).

I personally never liked that at all, and I still don't like violent, especially against animals, because well, I was raised with animals in my life, maybe you weren't.

So yeah, I love animals and how wonderful they make our lives, im a vegan and I love people too because in part we are empowered with protecting them as we are their voices.

chow
leebo

Your statement makes me assume that you are one of those people who believe that violence in game causes violence in real life. As for the "cartoon violence", I believe that what has led us to stand such games is the sickening cartoon violence that was presented by Disney and WB at the time, and someone just figured that it was so sick it has to be pointed out as what would happen in real life (such like in "Happy tree friends"), and as that was so unrealistically sick, it could not be taken seriously like the refered daffy duck violence that was part of the american culture back at the time (and I believe still is). As for the charicatyristic soldiers, I believe that the Cannon Fodder was one of the first games using the element and even stating that "war has never been so much fun", which is ofcourse both entertainment, and a counterstatement to the war itself. If you look at this game with the ideology that "if you shoot the chicken, you would do so in real life", then you are looking at the game too narrow, as it is actually the statement that "cartoon violence is not to be tolerated as it gives us absolutely wrong idea of the effects of violence" and "you will find this funny because it actually is rather disturbing element portrated as cute".

There is both really casual idea behind the game, as well as very gruesome truth about the fact that we enjoy war as an entertainment without remose, as there is actual wars going out there that are not fun for anyone, and where everyone who dies has far more background story that any "mob" in any game. And games like CoD and BF really are just propaganda to make one side of this mindless slaughter look like it's justified. This is just an overshot parody to point out that what is fun in games, is not fun in real life.

BlackinBack
07-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Your statement makes me assume that you are one of those people who believe that violence in game causes violence in real life. As for the "cartoon violence", I believe that what has led us to stand such games is the sickening cartoon violence that was presented by Disney and WB at the time, and someone just figured that it was so sick it has to be pointed out as what would happen in real life (such like in "Happy tree friends"), and as that was so unrealistically sick, it could not be taken seriously like the refered daffy duck violence that was part of the american culture back at the time (and I believe still is). As for the charicatyristic soldiers, I believe that the Cannon Fodder was one of the first games using the element and even stating that "war has never been so much fun", which is ofcourse both entertainment, and a counterstatement to the war itself. If you look at this game with the ideology that "if you shoot the chicken, you would do so in real life", then you are looking at the game too narrow, as it is actually the statement that "cartoon violence is not to be tolerated as it gives us absolutely wrong idea of the effects of violence" and "you will find this funny because it actually is rather disturbing element portrated as cute".

There is both really casual idea behind the game, as well as very gruesome truth about the fact that we enjoy war as an entertainment without remose, as there is actual wars going out there that are not fun for anyone, and where everyone who dies has far more background story that any "mob" in any game. And games like CoD and BF really are just propaganda to make one side of this mindless slaughter look like it's justified. This is just an overshot parody to point out that what is fun in games, is not fun in real life.
This, one million freakin' times. :cool: If I could rep you more than once, I would.

ElfShotTheFood
07-13-2012, 06:20 AM

chow
leebo

Do you smoke pot, by chance? Your posts come across as something a pothead would think is "profound."

releppes
07-13-2012, 08:40 AM
@leebo, for what it's worth, I thought the same thing about this game on my first impression. One of my very first comments was a means to turn down the gore. From which, I was lambasted for making the suggestion. Then someone made the obvious remark that it's called "Buckets of Blood". I laughed at myself for making such a silly request.

In regards to your aversion to violence in video games, I agree. You must really hate Team Fortress 2. For all it's funny cartoon appeal, you have body parts flying all over the screen. Not my preference, but I'll admit it does make me laugh at times. FL:BoB is no different accept the characters are more stylized.

If your concern is that violence in video games promotes violence in real life, I suggest you look at some statistics. I remember hearing a study that violent crimes have gone down since the video game revolution started. There's really no connection between video game violence and violent kids in real life.

As for protecting the youth, keep in mind that kids have been surrounded by violence for centuries. Read up on the the old fairy tales to find their source. It's not like every kid that sings "Ring around the Poses" is digging up graves.

Just letting you know I'm with you on preference. Blood and gore are not my thing either. But it's just a game and I agree with Saijin. It's hard to take FL:BoB serious. The presentation is comical.

leebojammin
07-13-2012, 10:09 AM
@leebo, for what it's worth, I thought the same thing about this game on my first impression. One of my very first comments was a means to turn down the gore. From which, I was lambasted for making the suggestion. Then someone made the obvious remark that it's called "Buckets of Blood". I laughed at myself for making such a silly request.

Your free to laugh, its not a crime. Not my point, but good try.
But its good that your first instinct, was to turn it down. Go with that, regardless of the cute analogy aimed at getting you to be desensitized to violence.

In regards to your aversion to violence in video games, I agree. You must really hate Team Fortress 2. For all it's funny cartoon appeal, you have body parts flying all over the screen. Not my preference, but I'll admit it does make me laugh at times. FL:BoB is no different accept the characters are more stylized.

I do not play FPS's ;) I get no laughter about body parts flying around. Maybe its a specific 'guy' thing . Not all 'guys' feel that way, so maybe its just in your genes,,or ..something else ? UPbringing maybe , peer pressure, no clue. Im sure some study somewhere would cover this ;)

If your concern is that violence in video games promotes violence in real life, I suggest you look at some statistics. I remember hearing a study that violent crimes have gone down since the video game revolution started. There's really no connection between video game violence and violent kids in real life.

That's one stat ;), here is another, from a source I would tend , to respect:

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2000/04/video-games.aspx

I refer you back to my link above.

[quote]
Just letting you know I'm with you on preference. Blood and gore are not my thing either. But it's just a game and I agree with Saijin. It's hard to take FL:BoB serious. The presentation is comical.

I got that from your statement yes, and thanks. What I do not agree with is, that we should accept violence in any form ( short of 'real' war, in defense of the oppressed upon verification if need be) because I would argue that it goes against our goal of living in a peaceful world. I see a huge disconnect between wanting that, and playing violence games, no matter if its 'mock' violence or not, its still the player 'engaged' directly, in the act , of doing violence, and as seen from my reference to Diablo 3 forums, you even have people going so far as wanting someones head on a spike, just because a developer disagrees with them, or the example that because someone dislikes 'gore/blood' , that they should die in a 'horrible gorey car accident'. That so FEW people responded to that presons post , with visceral outrage, shows how far we've come to accepting such disgusting behavior.

I honeslty do not think those are isolated instances, given the level of vitriolic dissent coming from many forum dwellers.

chow
leebo

leebojammin
07-13-2012, 10:15 AM
No, its not good for you, on many levels. Don't take my word for it and try it 'just cuz your buddy says its fun', read about it and decide for yourself from those with no axe to grind on the subject.

If you doubt that, try reading up here:

http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/facts/drugsmarijuana/?utm_campaign=paid-search&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_content=marijuana&gclid=CPeopJCTl7ECFQY0QgodSAdshA

Have I ever used it, yes, a huge # of moons ago.
I know far too many people who use it, and are completely addicted to it. Money issues, or not.

If you truly were 'concerned' for my well being, then thank you and realize you need not be now, but if your intent was to draw 'attention' away from the current subject , then equally realize, you epic fail.

chow
leebo

Do you smoke pot, by chance? Your posts come across as something a pothead would think is "profound."

leebojammin
07-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Your statement makes me assume that you are one of those people who believe that violence in game causes violence in real life.
Why , yes I am, please refer to my URL linked above.

As for the "cartoon violence", I believe that what has led us to stand such games is the sickening cartoon violence that was presented by Disney and WB at the time, and someone just figured that it was so sick it has to be pointed out as what would happen in real life (such like in "Happy tree friends"), and as that was so unrealistically sick, it could not be taken seriously like the refered daffy duck violence that was part of the american culture back at the time (and I believe still is).

I make zero defenses for WB and disney , on any level. Cartoon violence is not good either, but I also think that its worth noting, that with cartoons , you are not directly engaged in the 'action' ( say, slicing someone in half, as in games that were specifically banned in some countries, yet went through in usa, gosh arent you glad) though Im sure somewhere that the effects are generated nonetheless, whereas in video games, you pull the trigger or swipe the sword with your mouse or device. It's direct and tacticle. I suppose war recruiters are overjoyed though. Given the seriousness of this debate and to treat it objectively, I just did some googling, and I think this says alot:
http://www.geneseo.edu/~kirsh/vita/AVB360.pdf

As for the charicatyristic soldiers, I believe that the Cannon Fodder was one of the first games using the element and even stating that "war has never been so much fun", which is ofcourse both entertainment, and a counterstatement to the war itself. If you look at this game with the ideology that "if you shoot the chicken, you would do so in real life", then you are looking at the game too narrow, as it is actually the statement that "cartoon violence is not to be tolerated as it gives us absolutely wrong idea of the effects of violence" and "you will find this funny because it actually is rather disturbing element portrated as cute".
I get the point, but do two wrongs make a right ? Do we really want to teach our children ( who become adults and carry lessons learned, or assimilated) with images of equal or > violence just to make a quick buck ?

Blame war for desenitizing youth, and those engaged in recruiting them , but using even 'mock' violence in games is not the way to fix it. Two wrongs do not equate to a right. I refer you to all url's I've posted as proof of that.

chow
leebo

releppes
07-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Your free to laugh, its not a crime. Not my point, but good try.

Good try?

I got that from your statement yes, and thanks. What I do not agree with is, that we should accept violence in any form ( short of 'real' war, in defense of the oppressed upon verification if need be) because I would argue that it goes against our goal of living in a peaceful world.

You want a peaceful world? Try accepting other peoples views that are different than yours. Back to your initial issue about violence, I agree there's too much. My preference is not to have it. However, I live in a world where the majority tends to favor heads on spikes and other such nonsense. What we disagree on is acceptance.

Thanks for your concern. I wish you well. I really do. But you're gonna be cynical no matter what. You've already played your stereotype card which leaves very little room to continue conversation.

Lastly, you're young. It's obvious. Do yourself a favor and leave room to change your mind as you get older.

SpinnerMole
07-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Why , yes I am, please refer to my URL linked above.

I make zero defenses for WB and disney , on any level. Cartoon violence is not good either, but I also think that its worth noting, that with cartoons , you are not directly engaged in the 'action' ( say, slicing someone in half, as in games that were specifically banned in some countries, yet went through in usa, gosh arent you glad) though Im sure somewhere that the effects are generated nonetheless, whereas in video games, you pull the trigger or swipe the sword with your mouse or device. It's direct and tacticle. I suppose war recruiters are overjoyed though. Given the seriousness of this debate and to treat it objectively, I just did some googling, and I think this says alot:

http://www.geneseo.edu/~kirsh/vita/AVB360.pdf

I get the point, but do two wrongs make a right ? Do we really want to teach our children ( who become adults and carry lessons learned, or assimilated) with images of equal or > violence just to make a quick buck ?

Blame war for desenitizing youth, and those engaged in recruiting them , but using even 'mock' violence in games is not the way to fix it. Two wrongs do not equate to a right. I refer you to all url's I've posted as proof of that.

chow
leebo

It seems as you've made a religion out of this believe. The sad truth is that even tough most of the modern sensless violators play violent videogames because they wish to channel their agression to the game, and because majority of youth does play violent games. The same thing can be observed trough the music even before the era of gaming: Violent personalities will more commonly listen to agressive music, however, drawing conclusions in to the other direction, we will get the raven paradox.

The children you say will play this game alone without supervision, well, they are lost case anyways if their parents do not know that they play this kind of games, since that means that their parents are not interested. And if they are, I believe that they have the sense to explain the difference between the fantasy and reality.

And as for the modern frenzy of the wargames, the issue is not the violence, but the propaganda within the game. It has been said about the GTA that children who have played the game understand better the cause and effect with crime and punishment, not that "molesting pedestrians is fun". That I believe applies to the CoD and BF too, that the war is glorious and the best pwners allways win, they wil not however learn to hold, aim or shoot a gun from these games, since the difference within is so great that it will feel alien. And for the record: http://www.qj.net/psp/interviews/buddhist-leader-believes-violent-video-games-can-be-therapeutic.html

As I may not be too keen to find nearly religiously cause driven studies to my support, I reassure you that most of the people I play even extremely violent videogames, are far more tranquil than those who do not know what is WASD used for.

And one question, if you hate graphic videogames, what are you doing on the Foreign Legion forum? I can assure you that more you preach against this kind of games to the fans of such games, the more you will be hated and concidered a lunatic preacher, and this is only due the fact that even if you'd stand ground in the soccer moms meeting, where the subject is new and unknown, you won't get much support here since the fans have already made up our opinion on the subject, as have you.