PDA

View Full Version : Horrible performance

Metal_Izanagi
01-01-2012, 03:26 PM
My current specs:

Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT(EVGA, 1 GB video memory)
AMD 3.0 Ghz dual-core
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64

Yet, when I play even at 1600x900, everything moves at a crawl. The audio plays just fine, which is something Crysis doesn't do if I set things too high, but the game itself just kinda chugs along. I've tried using the FPS fix, but I don't think that applies to me since I wasn't even getting 30 FPS to begin with. Any suggestions, besides running this in 800x600 or something? >_>

So for a quick laugh, I dropped the game to the lowest possible resolution, and suddenly things were running like they should. Sprinting consisted of actually sprinting, and not just jogging at a light pace, and diving didn't take four seconds.

xsopaku
01-02-2012, 03:37 PM
QUOTE=Metal_Izanagi;28085542]My current specs:

Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT(EVGA, 1 GB video memory)
AMD 3.0 Ghz dual-core
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64

Yet, when I play even at 1600x900, everything moves at a crawl. The audio plays just fine, which is something Crysis doesn't do if I set things too high, but the game itself just kinda chugs along. I've tried using the FPS fix, but I don't think that applies to me since I wasn't even getting 30 FPS to begin with. Any suggestions, besides running this in 800x600 or something? >_>

So for a quick laugh, I dropped the game to the lowest possible resolution, and suddenly things were running like they should. Sprinting consisted of actually sprinting, and not just jogging at a light pace, and diving didn't take four seconds.[/QUOTE]

Here you go buddy! :)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331205

Metal_Izanagi
01-09-2012, 01:25 PM
That did nothing, since I wasn't getting 30 FPS to begin with. Messing with some Nvidia settings(mainly vsync) did allow me to move up to 1024x768, but unless a patch addresses this issue soon, I'm going to request a refund, seeing as this game is not performing as advertised, and I more than meet the system requirements. I like the game, yes, but I can't stand the lag. The studio owes its customers a complete refund on any purchases related to this game on Steam, at very least. I'll still be playing this, but I don't intend to do it without the fifteen bucks I wasted on an unoptimized piece of garbage software, along with the DLC and a copy for a friend.

Codine
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM
get a better computer. Your processor and graphics card are both atrocious.

venomblade89
01-09-2012, 02:56 PM

Unfortunately, this.

DarthCrater
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Are you sure you don't have any processes taking significant CPU/graphics power running in the background (such as, but not limited to, viruses/spyware or antivirus software)?

Metal_Izanagi
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Are you sure you don't have any processes taking significant CPU/graphics power running in the background (such as, but not limited to, viruses/spyware or antivirus software)?

Considering the two posts above yours were unworthy of a response, I'll take a good look into your inquiry, that way there's at least some intelligence floating around here. The biggest process I have running is Steam, and I don't have an AV, nor am I infected with any viruses/spyware. I get a feeling this game is just a really awful port compared to games that were developed for PCs. Pretty sad when developer work is so sloppy that a machine that can make STALKER look nice and pretty struggles to put a few really ugly ants and robots onscreen.

meshuggah12345
01-10-2012, 12:56 AM
My hardware is worse than the OP's and it runs this game perfectly...

Ghostdog
01-10-2012, 06:58 AM
My hardware is worse than the OP's and it runs this game perfectly...

I'm running it on a laptop and no performance issues for me either (at 1366x768 native resolution). It does have a reasonable GPU (Nvidia GeForce GT 330M), but hardly high-end stuff; also running Windows 7 64bit like the OP.

While 'get a better computer' probably isn't what the OP wants to hear, the PC Pro verdict on the Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT was "Can't handle gaming, and beaten by cheaper media cards too" (and that was back in 2009).

Read more: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT | Graphics cards | Reviews | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/graphics-cards/247521/nvidia-geforce-9500-gt/specifications#ixzz1j3zUPeqx