PDA

View Full Version : Steam Ignorant...

KOKUOJEIKU
01-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Why would you be a part of selling something that is old without support?? That is just rude, bad business. Apparently business is great. It's a matter of ratio. How many games do you sell working compared to the games not working...

Steam sells the games "usage" without promising the game will work. It's a matter of money. "They sell" without selling guarantees. They sell the "usage" of the game, not the actual buy-out of the game; you do not own it. You have use of it as long as Steam provides it. A few years from now, if Steam does not provide the usage of the game on their site, you do not play it, you do not even own it. You will have to "buy" it to use it again.

Unlike owning the actual CD/DVD, you do not own the game. You "lease" it. That is what happens. Sadly, like most companies, the support only goes so far, and the companies either continue with a different "update", (or leans towards a newer version of the game), which means you have to buy the next version without being able to use the previous version of the game.

This is why Steam does not normally respond to requests. They are not here to help "fix" games. They are here to sell the "usage" of the games. The actual game "companies" are willing to help "only" if they think it is in their best interest to help, like up selling DLC, etc.

With any luck, you may get some company willing to produce a "free" DLC. Very rare.

Again, you do not "own" this software from "Steam". Once they stop using it,providing the software, you lose it;unless you bought the CD/DVD.

Something to think about.

Skajwow
01-02-2012, 03:29 PM
If I could I would give you +rep, it's true story Bro. I have thought about it since I have Steam account and I'm afraid I will loose my money one time.. Anyway, greetings.

Demky
01-07-2012, 04:01 AM
ofc its true, steam just don't care about us.

We are just $.

Welcome in real world bro.

Xlydven
01-10-2012, 12:47 AM
tbh its nice to have my fav childhood games in my steam collection :)

kaiser434
01-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Ignorant doesn't mean what you think it means I think. I'll go with they're being complete A-holes on this one, but they certainly are not ignorant. Quite the opposite. They know exactly what they're doing.

Cooper Kid
02-16-2012, 02:18 PM
I'd rather get the game without support than not at all.

Besides, I'm yet to come across any problem with any of my games that couldn't be solved with a little Googling.

alitaki
02-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Gog.com