PDA

View Full Version : Audio problems.

wanderingstar85
01-02-2012, 04:02 AM
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I've scoured Google, and I'm at the end of my rope.

When I run Manhunt, my sound is messed up. I can hear cutscenes just fine, I can hear wind and such when Cash is standing around, and I can hear echoed sound, but no direct sounds. That is, I can't hear footsteps or other 'nearby' sound effects, and I can't hear Hunters' voices, unless they're shouting and the voices echo. As I try to play through the game, it's almost dead silent.

I would really appreciate any help or advice offered, because I literally cannot find answers for this issue anywhere I've looked.

Baconmaster2890
02-08-2013, 11:22 PM
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I've scoured Google, and I'm at the end of my rope.

When I run Manhunt, my sound is messed up. I can hear cutscenes just fine, I can hear wind and such when Cash is standing around, and I can hear echoed sound, but no direct sounds. That is, I can't hear footsteps or other 'nearby' sound effects, and I can't hear Hunters' voices, unless they're shouting and the voices echo. As I try to play through the game, it's almost dead silent.

I would really appreciate any help or advice offered, because I literally cannot find answers for this issue anywhere I've looked.

Odd, is this the steam version of the game? If not did you install the DirectX that comes/came with the CDs? Also check to see if there is any updates for sound drivers (and maybe graphics card too).

wanderingstar85
02-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Ah, my bad. I actually figured this problem out a good few months ago, but forgot I even made this post. The issue apparently had to do with sound options on the old Dell I was borrowing from a friend at the time, with Windows XP. I just had to turn sound acceleration or some such option down, and the problem disappeared immediately.

Thanks for the reply, though. :)