PDA

View Full Version : language selection

mkt
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm on a French WindowsXP and steam is configured in English.
All of my other games are launching in English but AZM is launched in French.
Couldn't find a language selector in game and no language tab in Steam either.
I just copy pasted the EN .cfg file content into the FR one but is there a way to select it ?
This must seem stupid according to my English level (^^) but the French translation while being grammatically correct is bad, the humour doesn't translate well and the menus are butchered by the long sentences.

camdencouncil
01-10-2012, 01:55 PM
you can edit the config.cfg in
C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\xxxx\110610\remote
and set
language_num 0.000000

(sorry the translation isnt very good)

freibooter
04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
you can edit the config.cfg in
C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\xxxx\110610\remote
and set
language_num 0.000000

(sorry the translation isnt very good)
I really hate it when game developers forces a language on me based on my operating system or Windows regional settings.
Then not giving mer an option to switch it in the in game settings makes me utterly furious.

Why can't you just use Steam's language settings like just about any other game on Steam ... all you have to do is change the mentioned file for each language version offered via Steam, Steam should only replace that file when switching the language.

Luckily the German translation is much less terrible than the English one, so I'm going to stick with that one for now.
But, seriously, please don't use language auto-detection like that without giving us an easy way of changing it - ever!

camdencouncil
04-05-2012, 01:25 AM
ok!
we'll add a language selector in the next update

mkt
05-21-2012, 06:47 PM
well late late reply :)
Great if you're gonna fix this.
Truly addicting game you've got there !