PDA

View Full Version : Stat progression confusion

Wizcomb
01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
is it me or is the stat progression and weapon progression really confusing? i cant understand any of it, like for instance: it says i need 16/10 honor to level up my kar98.....sixteen out of ten makes no sense to me and it seems i have to get 1000 kills to get little XP, and whats that XP going for? i dont know

maneaterhp
01-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I got this game, loaded up multiplayer, was already level 10. tf?

weequayx
01-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I "think" what you are seeing is something along the lines of my example below.

Each class has a level or progression "raw recruit" "front line soldier" with each one a certain amount of XP is needed which might read something like 833/1000 needed for the next progression or level. ALONG with that "xp requirement", you need to have a certain honor level to obtain that progression. So something like 833/1000 xp on top of 20/30 honor lvl required. It seems though that the honor is much more easily obtained than the xp so you may have already met the honor lvl or xp lvl, and now you need to get the other lvl to its requirement.

In essence your honor lvl requirement may already be met, IE 16/10 and now you just need to meet the other requirement of 833/1000 or whatever to get the next level or progression. This may only pertain to the weapons and not to the classes or vice versa, or both.

Hope all of that made some sense...This is the way i've interpreted the stats so I may be wrong.

Yes when the game released the stats were bugged like no other. 1st time players were running around with the highest ranked guns modded with duel mags, drum mags, bayonets, pistols, extra grenades, when they did not earn them it was just because the game was released in a Beta state.

After some patchwork the stats are supposed to be accurate. But let me tell you, RO2 makes you work for your progression compared to COD or BF3, it kind of matches the game's learning curb. RO2 is for the patient, serious, historical-accuracy-loving bunch. So I guess the progression matchs it. Still IMO it takes FOREVER to get an upgrade. More rewarding though I guess.

It takes some dedication to stick with RO2 imo, the community has about, or may have in some peoples' opinion. "died" after the release of Modern warfare and Bf3 and other titles, more easily understood and "user friendly". Tripwire seeks historical accuracy over all else from what I have gathered. Thats why when we sprint with a 30 pound anti tank rifle we become something called "tired" or "out of breath" and the same reason we can't take said anti tank rifle and bunny hop whilst raining death from the end of its barrel. Its not a perfect game but it really fills a void in the market.

giuseppe443
01-03-2012, 06:40 PM
I got this game, loaded up multiplayer, was already level 10. tf?

yes you star as level 10 and if you do to many teamkills you will be level 9 then 8 and so one.

Wizcomb
01-04-2012, 04:31 AM
I "think" what you are seeing is something along the lines of my example below.

Each class has a level or progression "raw recruit" "front line soldier" with each one a certain amount of XP is needed which might read something like 833/1000 needed for the next progression or level. ALONG with that "xp requirement", you need to have a certain honor level to obtain that progression. So something like 833/1000 xp on top of 20/30 honor lvl required. It seems though that the honor is much more easily obtained than the xp so you may have already met the honor lvl or xp lvl, and now you need to get the other lvl to its requirement.

In essence your honor lvl requirement may already be met, IE 16/10 and now you just need to meet the other requirement of 833/1000 or whatever to get the next level or progression. This may only pertain to the weapons and not to the classes or vice versa, or both.

Hope all of that made some sense...This is the way i've interpreted the stats so I may be wrong.

Yes when the game released the stats were bugged like no other. 1st time players were running around with the highest ranked guns modded with duel mags, drum mags, bayonets, pistols, extra grenades, when they did not earn them it was just because the game was released in a Beta state.

After some patchwork the stats are supposed to be accurate. But let me tell you, RO2 makes you work for your progression compared to COD or BF3, it kind of matches the game's learning curb. RO2 is for the patient, serious, historical-accuracy-loving bunch. So I guess the progression matchs it. Still IMO it takes FOREVER to get an upgrade. More rewarding though I guess.

It takes some dedication to stick with RO2 imo, the community has about, or may have in some peoples' opinion. "died" after the release of Modern warfare and Bf3 and other titles, more easily understood and "user friendly". Tripwire seeks historical accuracy over all else from what I have gathered. Thats why when we sprint with a 30 pound anti tank rifle we become something called "tired" or "out of breath" and the same reason we can't take said anti tank rifle and bunny hop whilst raining death from the end of its barrel. Its not a perfect game but it really fills a void in the market.

Thanks so much man! u helped clear it up and i do love the slow progression and everything, just didnt understand it (; Oh,and i hope the community comes back, only having European servers to choose from gets annoying! hehe

Landrovercrazy
01-04-2012, 07:04 AM

Wow! You just summed up all the things that I have been trying to explain to all those who dislike this game!!!

Is it coincedence that this game has a high proportion of older (older = non teenage) players? Not that we should discourage younger players!

I was on a server once that had at least 3 or 4 players (including me) that when we used our Mic's children could be heard in the background.

OH... back to subject, yes the weapon progression is slow, I think that encourageing people to use bolt actions and fill simpler roles encorages co-operation and a little humility on the battlefield.

People think it is unfair that more experience players get better weapons, but would this happen in reality? I doubt the trial of a new gun (the stg/mp/43/44, assault rifle) would be given to a field kitchen platoon! they would give it to the best troops. So new recruits get simple rifles and earn their promotions.

Going back to Weequayx,
we can't take said anti tank rifle and bunny hop whilst raining death from the end of its barrel.

there is nothing I hate more than bunnyhopping!!! Oh man that pisses me off... Stand still and shoot me like a man!

Long rifles especially bolt actions are not designed for close quarters fighting either... thats why we have Sub machineguns.

Ken

Wizcomb
01-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Wow! You just summed up all the
Is it coincedence that this game has a high proportion of older (older = non teenage) players? Not that we should discourage younger players!
Ken

im 15! i love military shooters like the old RO and ArmA!