PDA

View Full Version : hats with stats

SABER X BLADE
01-03-2012, 08:57 PM
i think hats should have stats like the crocodile hat and spy hat what do you think

aw3s0m3m4n
01-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Now Entering: World of Pain

Enjoy your stay.

The Froz
Please no.
Set effects were already controversial.

Hats are meant to be purely cosmetic and not affect gameplay.

DekuJuice
Ghastly gibus
Causes rage.
Rage is delicious.

XYTWO
01-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Hat with Stats
+100% chance to make everyone who sees it hate Robin

tl;dr NO.

SABER X BLADE
01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
well yeah but what about the origial i mean hats could have things just make them less rare

kisaki
01-03-2012, 09:02 PM
*checks posting history*
Just an idiot, folks. Nothing to see here.

pennykettle
01-03-2012, 09:02 PM
What? Original isn't a hat.

pennykettle
01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
On a side note:

Does Valve sell in-game hats in real life?

I would buy those. Each hat should also come with a code to get a 75% off coupon of the hat they bought IRL.

SABER X BLADE
01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
yeah but its just for decoration like hats are? so instead of just set bonuses you could have a hat= weapon bonus or something like that

hurrycanne699
01-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Its dangerous to be on SPUF alone.
here take this:
You have found:
FLAME SHIELD

XYTWO
01-03-2012, 09:05 PM
well yeah but what about the origial i mean hats could have things just make them less rare

Who in their right mind would wear a Stout Shako when they can wear a hat with stats?! It would drop variety in hats greatly. This is... OK, I guess, but not good IMO. This also leads to sales of statless hats diving, meaning Valve gets less monayz.
...I think I've said enough, but I could go on if you'd like.

ChaoSynergy
01-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I'd be for hats which have cosmetic stats. Like stats that alter visual things on your class, like changing Spy's disguise smoke into glitter or making a Demoman's sticky bombs make squeaky toy noises when they explode.

chzchan
01-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Only if they had negative attributes.

The Hat of Undeniable Manly Respect
+100% damage from ranged sources

XYTWO
01-03-2012, 09:09 PM
I'd be for hats which have cosmetic stats. Like stats that alter visual things on your class, like changing Spy's disguise smoke into glitter or making a Demoman's sticky bombs make squeaky toy noises when they explode.

THIS is good. Hats with gameplay stats are not.

SABER X BLADE
01-03-2012, 09:10 PM
yeah pplug people wear unusual hats and those glow and make it easier for other players to see you so some people do what they do i guess

TheDenogginizer
01-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Must be new here.

aw3s0m3m4n
01-03-2012, 09:17 PM
He calls the Cloak and Dagger an upgrade. (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28224777&postcount=99)
Must be a newb.

KingofHearts
01-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Maybe if the sets encouraged teamwork. Like if instead of a set bonus for one person, it was a set bonus for items shared among the team.

Ex: if the team wears 5 amulets and a crown obtained from medieval mode, they can perform a powerful magical attack.

cementrio
01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Sure, why not?
A few conditions, though:
They must be available to all players, even free players.
They must have crafting recipes no more expensive than weapons.
They must also drop as often as weapons.

Rexic The King
01-03-2012, 09:38 PM
only efects that would either never come into play or not ofter.
like this

Hard Counter
lowers fall damage taken

iamlikethescoot
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM

the original isn't a hat, yo

Shradow
01-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Sure, why not?
A few conditions, though:
They must be available to all players, even free players.
They must have crafting recipes no more expensive than weapons.
They must also drop as often as weapons.

That actually sounds viable, and would be really fun, IMO.

Kopikatsu
01-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Only if they had negative attributes.

The Hat of Undeniable Manly Respect
+100% damage from ranged sources

I agree. We already have 'Jingle All The Way'.

So that way if you get dominated by someone with a bunch of these debuffing items, you should feel awful about yourself.

Confusion
01-03-2012, 09:51 PM
I don't see the point of sets if they don't have any set bonus. The newer sets don't even have a bonus. Valve either did it on purpose or its a glitch. A glitch is most likely.

Kopikatsu
01-03-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't see the point of sets if they don't have any set bonus. The newer sets don't even have a bonus. Valve either did it on purpose or its a glitch. A glitch is most likely.

VALVe did it on purpose because of the massive ♥♥♥♥♥ing caused by the polycount sets.

Items being in a set simply makes it easier to craft those hats/miscs now. That's all.

Confusion
01-03-2012, 09:57 PM
VALVe did it on purpose because of the massive ♥♥♥♥♥ing caused by the polycount sets.

Items being in a set simply makes it easier to craft those hats/miscs now. That's all.

But a set is not a set without a set bonus, which is the only purpose for a set otherwise they are just regular weapons and hats/miscs with a wasted name.

MasterKade123
01-03-2012, 09:59 PM

Don't forget some sets offer cosmetic changes, ie different voice commands for Engie if he has the full halloween set equipped.

Kopikatsu
01-03-2012, 10:00 PM
But a set is not a set without a set bonus, which is the only purpose for a set otherwise they are just regular weapons and hats/miscs with a wasted name.

Except that you can easily craft those hats/miscs with the weapons in the set.

I said that already!

Don't forget some sets offer cosmetic changes, ie different voice commands for Engie if he has the full halloween set equipped.

And I wish we had more of them.

Confusion
01-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Except that you can easily craft those hats/miscs with the weapons in the set.

I said that already!

And I wish we had more of them.

No you can't

QuantumPoole
01-03-2012, 10:02 PM
i think hats should have stats like the crocodile hat and spy hat what do you think

I'm actually okay with the idea of set bonuses/hats with stats as long as thy have a downside to counter the upside. I think that set bonuses help make sets more than just a random assortment of random items; but I don't like the "pay-to-win" aspect that pretty much all of the current set bonuses have.

/flameshield

SABER X BLADE
01-03-2012, 10:03 PM
I agree. We already have 'Jingle All The Way'.

So that way if you get dominated by someone with a bunch of these debuffing items, you should feel awful about yourself.

yeah man exactly, hats are just supposed to be fore fun and I think it would be fun if hats did this and this is the spirit of hats anyway so i think its a good idea

MasterKade123
01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
No you can't

Yes, you can, actually.

By using 4 refined and a weapon from the set, you can craft a random hat from it, for example Mantreads + 4 Refined Metal = either Armored Authority or Fancy Dress Uniform.

If you're meaning 4 refined isn't easy to get, then I don't blame you.

SilverAlen
01-03-2012, 11:33 PM
What if all hat stats were optional and all were generally worse overall. As in, overall the effect is to slightly weaken you, but it may provide a boost you like/find useful. A very situational boost for a more general yet equally strong downside.

Kopikatsu
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
What if all hat stats were optional and all were generally worse overall. As in, overall the effect is to slightly weaken you, but it may provide a boost you like/find useful. A very situational boost for a more general yet equally strong downside.

Iunno. I think all the hats should just have downsides. I mean...

I don't want TF2 to turn into an MMO where everyone has Rainbow Pimp Gear because they wear what they wear for the stats and not the looks.

nanosheep
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Cosmetic effects i.e. Lubricous Lid = Okay

Gamplay effects = Nay