PDA

View Full Version : Game is too laggy in high end PC

Jusseppe
01-03-2012, 11:11 PM
I just downloaded the game from Steam and the moment I start a game and am able to move the game starts lagging a lot, very few frames per second.

I have to following PC with up-to-date drivers on everything:

Intel Core i7 2600k
12 GB RAM
nVidia GTX 580
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64

I have run some pretty demanding games maxed out with good results so I don't know what's causing it. Temperature on CPU and videocard seem to be ok and within safe limits.

When I run The Void on lowest settings the frame rate seems to be ok, but I should be able to max it with my PC. Any ideas on how to fix this? Oh, I'm using a 1920x1080 monitor BTW.

Edit: The game is also choppy in lowest settings, I just retested it. Could it be the game is not detecting my video card? When I click Autodetect it says "Failed to choose optimal presets for your video card. Minimum settings were selected.".

Rotant
04-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Not sure, but it ran fine on my machine which is far more dated than yours - perhaps it could be a driver issue?

foomanchoo25
07-24-2014, 03:12 AM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=35414649

I have much much less lag after trying this out and it works. the game is more playable. i still have a bit of screen tearing but you can tinker with the config file you make from this..