PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

Gamer9547
01-05-2012, 07:03 PM
When I try to backstab people I go up behind them undetected with a dagger in my hand and hold down the power attack button but all it does is power attack

my stats are

34 sneak
36 one handed

Sometimes the power attack kills them but does not show the animation of me slitting their throat can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong

Suspicious
01-05-2012, 07:08 PM
The choice of kill animation is random. If you want to know whether you're getting a backstab modifier, well, the game explicitly tells you whether you e.g. get the x15 / x30 multiplier from Assassin's Blade (30x w/ DB gloves).

Gamer9547
01-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Well it doesn't even show an animation it just shows the default power attack and it says I am getting the multiplyer

WoogieMonster
01-05-2012, 09:00 PM
You have to get REALLY close.

Rhuto
01-06-2012, 02:56 AM
Hummm...maybe it is wrong to go for a power attack....I use stealth a lot as archer....and I get my bonus each time I am undetected....I even get the critical's...BUT..I always attack without trying to do something special......maytbe you want to high bonus :) (power attack* bonus attack)

Zebideedee
01-06-2012, 05:29 AM
When I was a vampire and crouching near a victim it would say 'Pickpocket' then when I stood up it gave me the option to talk. When I did, it then gave me an option to feed when I tried to talk. Maybe something like that, try standing up when you're close enough (hope it's not that though, that would be annoying! But to be fair you can't really slit a throat/knife a back if you're crouching unless you have very long arms)

rphillis1
01-06-2012, 05:36 AM
All of my kill animations (the slitting the throat from behind eg) happened when I was sneaking and got the go ahead for a pickpocket attempt... even when detected... and did a normal attack.

Hexagon06
01-06-2012, 05:37 AM
you have to close enough to be able to pickpocket. instead of pickpocketing use attack :) (don't remember if you need to use power attack)

Tinusleet
01-06-2012, 05:45 AM
from my experience, the chance to get a kill animation is programmed into the game without a percentage. its more circumstantial. If your enemy is too close to a wall or some other obstructive item, there won't be a kill animation. in mass combat, the kill animation often falls on the last one standing. there is a way to change the proc-chance in a .ini file, but can't remember what. just google it. but like i said, try to observe where the enemy is standing. works for me^^

Rhuto
01-06-2012, 11:46 AM
another thing to remember....you state you only have 34 and 36 in these abilities....so you are still a """""BABY""""" (no offence intended), the skill goes to 100, and if we at level 30 expect to kill instant...well what is the use for the next 70 levels?

Gamer9547
01-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Well I one hit everyone but the thing is it does not do the animation and their in the middle of the path , I will try using a normal attack later. Will update on the results

Gamer9547
01-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Still dosn't work anyone have any suggestions?

rphillis1
01-06-2012, 11:36 PM
don't sweat the minor stuff... animations are randomly generated - although you apparrently can tweak the .ini to make them more frequent.

When your sneaking ability gets higher and you take all the assassin perks you should start to see more - 'til then just keep playing.