PDA

View Full Version : Grid view banner gone

Totalitator
01-06-2012, 01:18 AM
Today, having re-installed Steam, I find that the Winter Voices library grid view banner graphic no longer loads. This is the second Steam install this week, and on the previous a couple days ago it was no problem. They appear to have removed the large banner library graphic from the server! Now I am stuck with nothing but an ugly tiny icon on my library grid view, which I like to keep set to the largest size setting and full screen. I don't know whether they removed it on purpose or it's something that went wrong with their servers that they didn't bother to repair. I tried deleting the cache and such to make sure it wasn't a problem and my end and it made no difference.

Muti Messiah
01-06-2012, 04:24 AM
I Think its due to the fact Winter Voices has been pulled from Steam when the Dev Studio went under :(

Totalitator
01-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I think so too but that doesn't mean Steam has to remove the grid banner from their servers... along with Supreme Ruler 2020 GOld and Stubbs the Zombie. People still have the Prey icon and that hasn't been sold in over a year. All these icons were still on the servers until last week for some reason. I just don't think it's okay to pull the icons for games in people's libraries that they purchased just because they don't sell them anymore. They still have all the game files so you can redownload the game all the time, a picture file that is less than 100k certainly can't be breaking their servers and while some may consider it trivial I find my grid view to be very important and I like the icons to be there, that's why I like to have Steam as my game launcher. In any case a lot of games have not been available on Steam for a long time but their icons remained on the servers for people's grid views until last week suddenly when they all got axed.

Ours Polaire
01-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Hello,

This seems to be the case for all the games that have been temporarily or permanently removed from steam. It's not Winter Voices - specific.

Sincerely,
The Polar Bear

realshin
06-30-2012, 08:40 AM
So, now Steam allow users to use custom images for the grid view (icons too), maybe it's possible to someone post here the winter voices old banner for me (and anyone else) use it in grid view?
Thanks; :)

Maurog
08-10-2012, 07:01 AM
There is one at steambanners.booru.org (http://steambanners.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2233):

http://img.booru.org/steambanners//images/3/dbe664a90463f28d6d172054ff048d04b9be2f13.jpg