PDA

View Full Version : Please develop a mobile Version!

Thomadin
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Hello!

First of all, this game is awesome. I got almost every achievement (only dark/mamas boy and some item (luck based) ones).
It is a really refreshing experience.

Because each full run is taking me an hour max. I think this would by a really nice game on a mobile phone.
The controls would be standard dual-stick shooter controls, which are not working that bad for me on touchscreen devices.

So, if anyone of the developers read this, please develop an iOS/Android version of this game, it would be awesome!
The sales numbers would also skyrocket, simply because of the huge number of people accessing the app stores.

Well, and continue developing such awesome games!

1nvisible~
01-07-2012, 05:06 AM
It uses Flash as the platform which is highly unoptimized and CPU-hungry.
I think you can actually extract the SWF and put it on your phone, but it should be too slow to be playable.
So, no chance, unless it is rewritten to use native graphics API.

Edeslash
01-07-2012, 05:25 AM
It would be horrible on touch screen controls. Edmund is talking with publishers and planning a possible 3DS version.

And yes, iOS doesn't support flash. :<

Thomadin
01-07-2012, 05:33 AM
Yes, it is written in Flash, but it should not be that big of a problem to port it to Objective-C, C++ or any other object oriented language, if the source code is structured well.

Of course, to port something without bugs is going to be time consuming and does need a lot of experience, but I think if you are able to make a game, you are able to port it to different programming languages :)

But I think that the chances of them porting BoI to iOS for example are really slim too :(

klaount
01-07-2012, 08:06 AM
I think McMillen himself said that there is no chance for a mobile version seeing the light of day, because it uses 10 keys.
He is completely right, a mobile version would just not work without redesigning the whole game. There will be a nintendo 3DS version most likely.