PDA

View Full Version : how do i mod this game

stomper15
01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
how do i mod this game as i brought it though steam and i cant find the file to put the mod into

thanks

boatmec55
01-09-2012, 11:07 AM
look in documents folder under "my Games" you should see farming simulator 2011, open that folder you should see a "mod" folder
install downloaded mods in a zip file, they should show up in the implement store on the "Mods" page.
Helps to place shortcut on desktop, makes it easier to view mods that are in folder. Caution not all mods are created equal. you may want to try them one at a time. If you get where you have a large number of mods store ones that your not using in seperate folders on desk top ie "combines" "tractors" "trailers".
you'll find this helps keep them easier to find. also helps if when playing large maps keeping mod folder small cuts on "slowdown and lag" Hope this helps
drvr55
(over 300 hours on USA v3 Map and still going strong)

garret2
10-12-2012, 03:03 PM
look in documents folder under "my Games" you should see farming simulator 2011, open that folder you should see a "mod" folder
install downloaded mods in a zip file, they should show up in the implement store on the "Mods" page.
Helps to place shortcut on desktop, makes it easier to view mods that are in folder. Caution not all mods are created equal. you may want to try them one at a time. If you get where you have a large number of mods store ones that your not using in seperate folders on desk top ie "combines" "tractors" "trailers".
you'll find this helps keep them easier to find. also helps if when playing large maps keeping mod folder small cuts on "slowdown and lag" Hope this helps
drvr55
(over 300 hours on USA v3 Map and still going strong)

Hi mate there is no Mod folder anywhere in my farm simulation folder I have checked every single folder in there