PDA

View Full Version : How do I win in this game!

cheap
01-06-2012, 06:19 PM
I can't figure it out. I know how to play. I don't know how to win. I can't get a lead. I'm always falling down by 20 or more points. Any lead I do get, I blow it in the 4th period. I miss wide open shows while the computer will take fadeaway 3's with two people in his face and make it close to every time. This is probably one of the most frustrating games I have ever played. Fun game, but it makes me want to shoot myself.

HorrorScope
01-06-2012, 06:32 PM
You are not playing well enough. Turn on the shot grading and see if you are releasing the button on shots timely or not.

Jayhmmz
01-07-2012, 06:29 AM
I can't figure it out. I know how to play. I don't know how to win. I can't get a lead. I'm always falling down by 20 or more points. Any lead I do get, I blow it in the 4th period. I miss wide open shows while the computer will take fadeaway 3's with two people in his face and make it close to every time. This is probably one of the most frustrating games I have ever played. Fun game, but it makes me want to shoot myself.

Practice the timing of your shots, and get your three-shooters open as much as possible. Just work the ball around the court, drive in towards the paint, then pass it out to the arc. Or you can just continue on into the paint and do some mixed styles of layups and post shots.

CommadDork
01-13-2012, 08:21 PM

Glad you mentioned this as I thought it was just me. I found that the Rookie and Pro levels are noncompetitive at a certain point and, at the higher levels, the AI simply "cheats": it makes risky passes and off-balance shots that you simply would not be allowed to make in the SAME situations. It's highly frustrating and unrealistic when you get the feeling the AI is handicapping your efforts. I'm finding it necessary to start a game in Pro and then rachet up the difficulty when the game gets out of hand (or bring it down some depending on the situation).

But you are right - it is a frustrating venture if you play it without managing how successful/pitiful the AI is. I hate messing with the sliders (I play on Simulation) but we might have to for this one.

NBA2K10 was too easy on All-Star mode so go figure.

And what's with the overkill on the attempted steals animation? My player runs half the court before recovering his balance - like he's playing on the moon or something.

cheap
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
What are the yellow bars under the players?

Also, this game could be so much better and popular if multiplayer didn't suck. Playing multiplayer is impossible with it locking up and saying waiting for opponent every couple minutes. It also feels like I'm playing with 15 fps.