PDA

View Full Version : I might buy it ! HELP

Bero4
01-07-2012, 04:13 AM
I was thinking of buying the game and im a big AOE 2 fan since many years back. But a few questions first..

1. Is there anyone who plays online?
2. How do you search for games? Do I search for games like on msn zone/Gamespy or in the game?
3. Will it lag much online even with great connection? Heard from someone who had downloaded it and went online but it was unplayable.
4. Will this work on windows 7 64 bit?
5. Is it worth the price or should I get it any other way?

Thank you for all the replies!

/Bero4

Darvo
01-07-2012, 05:23 AM
I was thinking of buying the game and im a big AOE 2 fan since many years back. But a few questions first..

1. Is there anyone who plays online?
2. How do you search for games? Do I search for games like on msn zone/Gamespy or in the game?
3. Will it lag much online even with great connection? Heard from someone who had downloaded it and went online but it was unplayable.
4. Will this work on windows 7 64 bit?
5. Is it worth the price or should I get it any other way?

Thank you for all the replies!

/Bero4

1: Did not play online yet, but AOE3 is on top of the sale list.
2: You need to make a account ingame and then search for games
3: /
4: It works on Windows 7 32, with no problems
5: It is worth it.

Dark_Gable
01-07-2012, 05:26 AM
1. yes there people playing online Thousands of new accounts have been created. Some of my old clan even came back
2. Click on the browse games bar(you could figured that out in less than a min.)
3. Teas its fine It runs on ISDN ♥♥♥♥(remember those?) Sometimes people cheat that makes it lag.
4. Yes that's what my OS is.
5. Some say it is not but they can go to hell. The combat is as frenetic as ever, nothing like bringing Great Bombards To bear on a line of helpless infantry.
6. Its not total war so don't compare the two, and don't listen to any one who does. I have the last 4 total-war games i would know.

in short BUY IT!!!

Bero4
01-07-2012, 05:33 AM
ok thanks ! I'll buy it ! xD

jediryan123
01-07-2012, 07:12 AM
I have tested it on multiple win 7 x62 and x32 computers, works fine. Worth the price imo great game.

mAs7eRa
01-07-2012, 07:21 AM
AoE3 has from 900 players online to 2500 (I've been playing it for 2 days). It's definitely worth it, you'll only have problem at the begining too many people will kick you because of your low level, but you'll join first, games for noobs and all will be fine xD